When i press start button-Turn off Computer, it will be to long time to shutdown, i have to shut down manually by pressing the power button. I using Windows XP OS, Whats the mistakes? is the bios not work (ACPI). i already check it but i didnt see menu for power (ACPI). what should i do now? Updating Bios or something? Thanks for you answer
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To see if the problem is in the setting and not a hidden crash just type this command
SHUTDOWN -s -t 01 If with it the pc shuts down then go to Control Panel, click Power Options, click the Advanced tab. In the Power Buttons section, under “When I press the power button on my computer,” select “Shutdown.”
1. Restart the PC and repeatedly hit F8 until you have a menu in front of you.
2. You will find few option there. Just select these mention option " Last know good Configuration ...." use by your up/down arrow on your keyboard.
3. Press enter there.
4. your will see the system asking you for which OS you want to use. If you have only one OS then just press ENTER there or select the OS and Enter.
After these if you face the same problem then format the OS & install it again.Thanks & waiting for your feedback.
Don't do that. You should always try to shutdown by selecting it with the mouse. If you force a power down, you will eventually trash the operating system and files. But if you can't shut down normally, because the mouse it locked up or something, then hold the power button down for 10 seconds or so, to force a shutdown. It is designed to ignore the button being pressed for a short period by accident.
Since you forced your computer for shut down it does not save settings as it should at the time of shut down.. Check your seeting as everytime you don't properly shutdown your PC this problem will occur...
It could be overheating, either you need to replace the fan, or at least open it up and remove any dust (bunnies) that may have built up inside, if your fan is gummed up it won't spin which then causes computer to overheat.