Question about Philips DivX DVD Player
I just bought this DvD player. At times it works perfectly, however at time the sound lags the picture (quite annoying). Same problem on multiple DvDs. Any ideas? Thanks!!
This can some times be caused by VBR audio encoded files as opposed to CBR audio some standalone DVD players will exhibit sound lag in this case. It is a good idea to re-encode the VBR to CBR audio this usually solved the problem.
Although this is usually with DivX (AVI) files that have been re-authored to DVD-Video I suggest that you convert all audio to CBR to avoid any such errors.
this conversion process it a bit of a long way around I know, but it does work!
1) Open video in VirtualDubMod or VirtualDubMP3 (if there is an index error this can sometimes fix it for you.
2) Ignore the error warning that the video contains vbr audio.
3) Extract audio as mp3 ("demux" in VdubMod or "save as wav", then rename to mp3 in VdubMP3).
4) Convert audio to wav with CDex
5) Open original video in VirtualDub, choose "direct stream copy" for video and "Wav audio" with "Full audio processing" with cbr mp3 compression (and interleaving with appropriate delay if out of sync) for audio.
You could also use several other methods including AVIDemux which uses VDub Mod or scan in the DVD-Video using TMPEnc v4.0 Xpress and applying a time lead OR lag however this doex not solve a progressive lag but can be used to reauthor a fixed error.
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2018 | Televison & Video
Sep 29, 2008 | Cyberhome CH-LDV 700B Portable DVD Player
Dec 31, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2011 | Televison & Video
Feb 28, 2011 | Televison & Video
Apr 22, 2009 | Zenith C27A24T 27" TV
Jul 04, 2008 | Wharfedale DVD-M3 DVD Player
Dec 24, 2010 | Philips DivX DVD Player
210 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: