There are 3 ways for you to reset Dell Latitude password. Let's specify them in 3 parts.
Part 1: Using a Password Reset Disk
When you create Windows user accounts for your Dell Latitude, you can also create a password reset disk at the same time with a USB flash drive or a floppy disk to reset forgotten password afterwards, which means you have to make this tool before you forgot Dell Latitude password. Meanwhile, this password reset disk can reset only local user account password. If you want to unlock dell latitude without password or disk, or your Dell Latitude is on a domain, please refer to Part 3.
Part 2: Reinstalling Windows System
If you have no password reset disk, Dell Latitude will suggest you to reinstall Windows system when you forgot password. However, the cost of reinstallation is huge because all your settings and data in C drive will be lost. If you don't want to lose resources on your Dell Latitude laptop, try the following method.
Part 3: Using Dell Latitude Password Reset (Reset Password without Disk)
If you want to unlock Dell Latitude (d620) without password or disk, Windows Password Recovery
(Windows Password Recovery Tool) will be your best choice to access Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP adminitrator in dell . It is specially designed to reset any local or domain account password without system reinstallation when you forgot password and can't log into Windows OS on Dell Latitude laptop. Here is the example of Dell Latitude admin (administrator) password reset. What you need is just a USB flash drive or a blank CD/DVD and an available computer.
Note: The steps to reset other user account password (no matter whether it is a local or a domain one) are the same.
- Step 1: Download and install Dell Latitude Password Reset on the available computer.
- Step 2: Insert a USB flash drive or a blank CD/DVD on the computer, specify the burning device, and click "Burn".
- Step 3: Click "Yes" and "OK" button in the pop-up windows.
- Step 4: Insert the newly created USB flash drive or CD/DVD on your Dell Latitude and reboot it. Select the Windows installation you want to reset the password, choose "Reset your password" and click "Next".
- Step 5: Select the administrator account, choose "Remove the password" and click "Next". In the pop-up window, click "Reboot".