I see that you are having a check input error on the Monitor/LCD that your are connecting to your Dell tower, please see steps below.
- On your HP 2310E make sure that your HP is set to the input/source that you are using and make sure that you only use one type of video cable for the issue.
- I see that you mentioned that you have a VGA cable and a DVI cable, you can only use one type of cable for a video connection.
- VGA would be the Blue tipped cable connecting to the tower and going to the LCD monitor.
- DVI this is a black cable connecting to a white port much bigger than a VGA port and is rectangular in shape unlike the VGA
- and on your LCD monitor check the input type to see video from the tower.
- everything seems to be OK you just need to change the input of your LCD monitor for the video to show up on the screen.
- also if you are using HDMI for the video u will need to change the setting of your Audio and set HDMI as the Default to have Audio come out from the HDMI connection together with video, the HDMI viedo will automatically be detected as long as the LCD monitor's input is set to HDMI.
I hope that this will able to help resolve your concern.
Thank you for choosing Fixya,