Clarion SIRIUS Radio Receiver - Not Receiving All Subscribed Channels
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Aug 11, 2007 |
Clarion (NAVSIR) SIRIUS Radio Receiver