Question about Mr. Heater MH175KT Open Flame Utility
I am not real familiar with the Mr Heater units, although I have been around Reddy Heaters for well over 30 years. The principal is the same, after all, Mr heater is a foreign knock-off of the Reddy Heater.
Check, in this order:
1. shine a flashlight in the tank- look for water droplets rolling around on the bottom.
2. check the fuel filter for restriction. A blocked filter will cause starvation.
3. with soapy water check for air leaks from the air pump to the nozzle. An air leak will cause reduced fuel delivery.
4. check the pump pressure, bring up to factory specs.
5. If you have turned the adjustment screw, move #5 up to #1.
6. check or replace the nozzle.
7. If the fuel delivery system checks out OK then you have an electronics problem, and I’ve been told that Mr Heater parts are rare and hard to come by.
Posted on Dec 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2014 | Desa International R40 Utility Heater
Dec 29, 2010 | Dayton (3VE50) Oil Filled Liquid Fuel...
Jan 21, 2010 | Reddy R115DT Oil Filled Utility Heater
Jan 21, 2010 | Reddy Heater-30-55,000 BTU Variable
Jan 04, 2010 | Reddy Heater-170,000 BTU Kerosene Deluxe
Jan 02, 2010 | Reddy Heater-30-55,000 BTU Variable
Feb 28, 2009 | All-Pro Forced Air Kerosene Space Heater...
Jan 30, 2009 | Reddy R60A Utility Heater
Dec 20, 2007 | Reddy Heater-170,000 BTU Kerosene Deluxe
385 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: