Question about Toshiba MW24FM3 24 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
The power light comes on but the only thing that actually does anything is the dvd. I opens and closes and sounds like it is playing a dvd. That is all that works on this tv. Any ideas? Thank you. Jim
A common problem with this model are leaky transistors in the relay drive circuit that powers on the TV. That is electrical leakage, not anything physical you can see. The transistors should be labeled Q1701 and Q1702, and would have to be replaced by soldering, so a trip to a repair shop may be necessary. The DVD uses a standby power supply I believe, which is why it appears to work OK.
Posted on Feb 11, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) you wish to program.
2. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH/SETUP button on the remote until the
INDICATOR LIGHT lights, then release.
3. Press and release the button for the device you are programming (TV, VCR,
DVD, etc.). For AUX, press AUX then the device button you are assigning to
AUX. The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink then remain lit.
4. Enter the three or four digit code for your device using the number buttons in the
GE Universal Remote. After your code is entered the INDICATOR LIGHT will
5. Aim the remote at the device (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) and press the POWER
button. Your device should turn off
Aug 03, 2011 | Toshiba MD9DM1 9 in. TV/DVD Combo
on Jun 06, 2009 | Toshiba MW27F51 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Feb 19, 2010 | Combination Televisions
Feb 27, 2009 | Toshiba MW30G71 30 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Jan 21, 2009 | Toshiba M24F51 24 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
May 21, 2008 | Toshiba MW24FP1 24 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Mar 31, 2008 | Toshiba MW24FP1 24 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Mar 11, 2008 | Toshiba MW20FM1 20 in. Combo
221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!