Question about Computers & Internet
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thank you for your response, just try the following solution, wont take much of your time.
1. Check if the printer is plugged in properly. Confirm that printer power plug is connected to the printer and plugged into a live power outlet. After the printer is plugged in, the printer switches on automatically. There is no power button on the printer.
If the printer will not operate, see "The printer will not operate after it is plugged in"
2. This problem may arise if the printer and the computer are not connected properly. Ensure that the power cord and printer cable are securely connected.
3. Another possible reason to this problem is the operation of the print spool. If the print spool is not operating correctly, cancel print spooling and print with the print data sent directly to the printer.
Follow the procedures below:
A. Open the Printer Properties dialog box directly from the Start button.
B. Click the Spool Settings button on the Details tab and select "Print directly to the printer."
4. Ensure that the printer port (LPT1) is functioning properly.
Check the status of the printer port:
A. Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
B. Click the Device Manager tab. Double-click Ports on the Device Manager tab then double-click Printer Port (LPT1).
C. Check information about problems with the port in Device Status in the General tab.
D. Click the Resources tab and check Conflicting devices. For information on how to delete a conflicting device, refer to the user's manual for the device.
5. Installation of printer driver may cause this problem as well. There may be a problem with the printer driver. Remove the printer driver and reinstall it.
6. Check whether there is a WPS (Windows Printing System) driver installed on your computer. You may not be able to print correctly if a WPS driver is installed.
A. Click Start, Settings, then Printers.
B. If a WPS driver is installed, open the WPS driver Properties dialog box by right-clicking its icon and selecting Properties from the pop up menu. In the Details tab, check the "print to the following port" setting.change the WPS driver port setting to FILE or uninstall the WPS driver.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
SOURCE: Unable to locate printer
Is your network lan or wireless? If lan check cables, if wireless check ip address. Your system printers have to see the device and if wireless it will be assigned an IP address.
Posted on Feb 29, 2008
SOURCE: installed hp psc 1310 will copy
Click START then PRINTER AND FAXES double click your printer when the printer windows open click PRINTER uncheck USE PRINTER OFFLINE i think that the reason why you cannot print because the printer is offline
Posted on Apr 15, 2008
SOURCE: Printer is a HP PSC
Try to reinstall the printer drivers and see. This usually works. Make sure you have the latest version for your printer. You can download it HERE.
Please also read THIS article from the HP website that talks about this error and a critical update for this.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
P.S. Before you assign a rating, please make sure that the issue is resolved or you are satisfied. If not, please post back as to what you did, and/or any other questions you may have, and I will try to assist you as best I can. Please do not assign an ‘Inappropriate’ or ‘Thanks for trying’ rating if your issue is not resolved after the first response itself, as sometimes a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary before we can find a fix or an answer to your query.
If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! or Helpful rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
"Discover How to Achieve Your WILDEST DREAMS"...Free Download
FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY
Windows Utilities - Software Street
Posted on Apr 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2009 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 06, 2009 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 15, 2009 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 15, 2009 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 22, 2008 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 30, 2008 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!