Question about Philips MX6000i System
Im having problems playing DVD's lately. I insert a disc press play, and half way thru the movie it begins to freeze. At first it will begin to skip then a few minutes later it freezes. I left the system unpluged overnight to see if it's a reset issue but no luck. I also tried diffrent dvd formats and nothing.
some times when you create DVD movies by high speed DVD writers, your data cannot be read by dvd player with high performance. it s due to speed mismatching. always write DVDs with Normal speed in order to use with DVD players. while in case oof PC-DVD -Rom it does not happens. it can read any high speed wriiten DVDs. DVD-Rom in PC are more precise than DVD players. Some times Weak DVD player Lens system can also mis read.
Posted on Dec 22, 2007
SOURCE: DVDs & CDs will not play
If you are playing STANDARD CD or regular DVD that you have purchase and you are having this problem,your dvd player is malfunction;however,if you are playing DVD burner disc or a different dvd region disc(we are region 1 in U.S.) that is no going to work.Same thing for your CD burner disc,it might not work.
If you are using a rental dvd disc,check and see if there is scratches?If so,try to get one without that many scratches!
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
SOURCE: problems with playing discs
There are several causes for this problem.
1) Faulty DVD drive. Most drives have a dual laser, one for CD, and one for DVD. Check the player with both CD, and DVD. If it reads one and not the other, then it is most certainly a faulty laser. The laser assembly or whole mechanism will need changing.
2) Dirty or dusty lens. If the unit is kept in a dust environment, dust and dirt can be drawn into the machine by the fan. Try using a DVD lens cleaner. If this doesn't work try a CD lens cleaner. (Dual laser - see 1))
3) Condensation. Condensation can build up on the laser lens if the unit is kept in a humid environment. Also, this can be caused by a cold environment. In this case, condensation forms as the unit warms up. In either case, leave the unit in a warm dry environment for an hour.
Posted on Feb 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2011 | Philips Home Theater Systems
available parts avsystemparts.com
1. Possible Problem w/ Main Board PCB
2. The dive laser assy replace. or full complete 5 Disk changer ROM
3.More chance problem w/ Main Board
4. Problem w/Main board need replace it.
Feb 20, 2011 | LG LHT874 Theater System
May 24, 2010 | NexxTech ESDVD100 System
Oct 11, 2008 | Panasonic SC-HT680 System
Jan 16, 2007 | Toshiba SD-43HTS System
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!