Re: HOW DO YOU USE THE hp PHOTOSMART c4385 SCAN FUNCTION?
Don't try to scan from the printer control panel. You need to launch the "HP Photo and Imaging Director" from your computer. I have HP Photo & Imaging SoftwareVersion 2.0 installed which I believe was obtained from the HP site for the C4385.
The scan function works fine if you use this software.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello and Welcome to FixYa!
This error may occur due to many reasons, It will be difficult to state all of them here with possible solutions, so a better option is to Diagnose everything with the help of HP's Scan Diagnostic utility. I've attached the download link below, you have to select your operating System from the drop down menu above, then expand the Utility Link, and Download the Scan Diagnostic Utility.
I hope this will solve your issue.
If you think I was of help, your token of appreciation in the form of rating will be esteemed. Concerned, Nooh P.S: Download Link
The error message usually occurs when there is a problem with the cable connection between the computer and the printer/copier. The scanning requires a very clean signal between the two units. The cable should be no longer than 2m. Try a good quality cable and the problem should be solved.
Let me know if this works. Thanks.
You may have to remove the printer software and reinstall it. Be sure to turn off firwall when installing software. Also, configure firewall to allow printer and scanner as exceptions, or turn off firewall when trying to scan
Ok - the reason this error pops up is because there is a software issue going on. If the software is correctly installed you will see options for where the scan will go in the computer.
Having said that there are several things that can cause a problem between the printer and the software;
1) You are connecting the printer by USB to router - you may print but will never be able to scan as this is not a networkable printer. Connect it directly to your computer and recomplete the setup portion to configure the scanner.
2) You have not finished the setup. At the end of the installer you can setup the scanner but if you skipped this step you will have to redo it in order for it to connect. Click on the device manager in your dock and then next to information and settings there will be a little wheel. Click on the wheel and go to setup assistant. Complete the assistant and try to scan.
3) The printer is not grabbing the new software options - leave the printer turned on but unplug the power cord and wait for 30 seconds. Plug printer back in - when you do this it should initialize and will look to the mac for changes and the options should load.
4) Software missing - You MUST have the software for the printer installed for scanning function. Adobe and other programs cannot replace it - it has to be installed.
5) Software is corrupted. Uninstall the software (uninstaller is under applications in the HP folder) and then download (www.hp.com) and install the most recent full feature software and drivers for your operating system.
6) If all these steps fail you may have an issue with your computer and it's TWAIN drivers.