Question about RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television

1 Answer

RCA D52W20 Flyback Question

Hello, I was just wondering exactly how do you disconnect the wires going into the flyback to be able to remove the board to do soldering. Any help would be appreciated. I can tell that I need to replace the flyback but want to try resoldering the connections first.

Posted by on

  • Casey388 Dec 21, 2008

    I checked the capacitors and they all look fine. I did find some capacitors that were blown on the board that connects to the RCA jacks on the back of the television. But on with my question, so the red cable comes out but they give a replacement. On the black cable, do I just have to pull that straight up to remove it from the original flyback?



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,139 Answers


The wire comes out by pressing the two tabs in and pulling real hard, You will be happy to know that the replacement IHVT comes with a HV cable since 9 time out of 10 you end up damaging the IHVT cable connection. In any event before checking the IHVT I would suggest looking at CP150, CP120 and CP140 to see if they are puffy, since this is a common problem in this set.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,


Posted on Dec 08, 2008

  • Henry McKelvey
    Henry McKelvey Dec 21, 2008

    Hello Casey388,

    Technically the only cable you have to remove is the red cable. The black and white cables are fixed and have to be removed from the focus block and the CRT connector board.

    I hope this helps,





1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

R56wh78 rca 56 in.. need help .. was wondering if any one new how to remove the wires from the flyback.. the ones that sit on the flyback itself.. or do they even come off.. i am replacing my whole...

your model has the 270125 which has sealed wires in the flyback which cannot be removed they have to be removed from the other end UP front and have to stay in the flyback.

Aug 17, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Rca 52" 3 light flash not turning on

Check circuit board for bulging at the top capacitors. The board you are looking for is the one with the flyback transformer. This transformer is the one with a thick red wire going to the top of it. Replace all bulging capacitors. Capacitors are the ones that look like little cans. While you are there resolder the bottom solder points on the flyback transformer. This should work, because it worked for me.

Aug 23, 2010 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Flyback install

IT twisted off turn clock wise and wirer should come out red is easyer to remove,1 goes to high voltage tripper red black goes to focus&screen drive controls.

Sep 15, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

RCA hdtv:

The flyback Number 259296 is available at the following link with free instructions, or they also have the ITC222 deflection board as well which is the board with the flyback on it.

Sep 09, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer


The flyback is the big black thing on the deflection board. usally has big red wire coming out the top. THe three small rectangular items are special fusable resistor. or fuses

Sep 02, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

RCA D52W20 flyback question

If your model number is D52W20 you need flyback number 259296 and you can get a new flyback at the following link and they will givce free online tech support to walk you through the removal and replacement procedure.

Jul 15, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Flyback Transformer

Flyback transformers rank about a 5 or 6 on dificult to repace.. depending on the model of tv that you are working with.. the rca itc222 can be difficult.. dependend on your soldering experences. To replace this one you have to pull the chassis tray up and out to get to the bottom... unsolder the pins ussally a vacum desoldering tool is required because it is important to remove all solder from the pins..then gently pry the clips that hold it on the board... this is where you can mess up unless the pins have be completly solder free you can crack the board... NOW the hard part... removing the wire from the flyback.. if the flyback is the type that the wire comes out. the wires will eather have a clip around the large wire or you will have to go to the other end of wire and pull it out from the splitter. eather way this wire is firmly in an will require gently but extremmly firm pulling to get out.

May 19, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

Rca d52w20

You will need some solder wick to remove the old solder. You need to heat up the old sloder with a solder iron and while its molten touch the solder wick to the solder and the wick will absorb the old solder. You will need to keep trimming the solder wick end so it will keep soaking up the old solder. Do that to all remaining pins on the flyback. The replacement flyback will not come with the high voltage wire attached so you will need to remove the wires from the flyback. This is accomplished by twisting the wire 90 degrees while exerting upward pressure. Instalation is the reverse of removal. Let me know if you need additional assistance.

May 12, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

RCA D52W20

the flyback is the transformer with the RED wire that resembles a spark plug wire you can get one at the following link for under 50 dollars and comes with free tech support by way of on line instant messageing. They sell that flyback which is a part prone to failure. Its the only RCA flyback that they stock. Heres the link.

Apr 25, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television Logo

Related Topics:

175 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75169 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides