Question about Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet Printer
We have an epson photo rx 600 with a dead display.
any body know what is going on?
Thanks to John Phillips who responded on the FixYourOwnComputer.com about how to fix this problem. I followed the instructions and my Epson has been operating for several years without further problem:
1. Ease off the plastic facia that covers the control buttons - (no screws - it just clips on)
2. Remove the cross head screw that is seen to the bottom left of the display unit.
3. Flip display unit open - remove the cross head screw that holds the dark plastic support clip that is behind the unit and top right ish!!
4. Remove the display unit - unscrew the 4 small cross head screws that hold the display assembly together - NOTE THAT THE CONNECTING RIBBON RUNS THROUGH THE HOLE - I didn't make a note at first, and it took me ages to work out where it went when trying to re-assemble it !!
5. Mark the connecting ribbon so that you know which way up it should be, then carefully pull it away from the black connecting block - Re-assemble merely by pushing it carefully back into place.
6. On the circuit board you will see a large (ish) black Integrated Circuit - using a magnifying glass you will see a tiny soldered fuse marked F1 just to one end of this Integrated Circuit.
7. Using a single strand of clean copper wire ( a single strand taken from a multi strand piece of speaker wire is ideal) carefully solder it across the two terminals
8. Having a soldering tip small enough is vital if you are to attempt this - an ordinary tip is TOO BIG. I used a piece of copper earth wire (obtained from ordinary "Twin and Earth" electricians household mains wiring cable) I then wound it around my soldering tip and filled it down to a fine point.
9. Re-assemble - switch on - and if you have been careful and succeeded in this feat of micro soldering - you should have a realistic chance of having a fully functioning display once again.
Posted on Sep 19, 2015
Go to http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/30847
and scroll down for suggested fix - bridging a fuse link with wire or a repalcement fuse. This appears to be a really common problem
Hope this helps
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 28, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 27, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 21, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 29, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 13, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 11, 2017 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: