Question about Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet Printer
We have an epson photo rx 600 with a dead display.
any body know what is going on?
Thanks to John Phillips who responded on the FixYourOwnComputer.com about how to fix this problem. I followed the instructions and my Epson has been operating for several years without further problem:
1. Ease off the plastic facia that covers the control buttons - (no screws - it just clips on)
2. Remove the cross head screw that is seen to the bottom left of the display unit.
3. Flip display unit open - remove the cross head screw that holds the dark plastic support clip that is behind the unit and top right ish!!
4. Remove the display unit - unscrew the 4 small cross head screws that hold the display assembly together - NOTE THAT THE CONNECTING RIBBON RUNS THROUGH THE HOLE - I didn't make a note at first, and it took me ages to work out where it went when trying to re-assemble it !!
5. Mark the connecting ribbon so that you know which way up it should be, then carefully pull it away from the black connecting block - Re-assemble merely by pushing it carefully back into place.
6. On the circuit board you will see a large (ish) black Integrated Circuit - using a magnifying glass you will see a tiny soldered fuse marked F1 just to one end of this Integrated Circuit.
7. Using a single strand of clean copper wire ( a single strand taken from a multi strand piece of speaker wire is ideal) carefully solder it across the two terminals
8. Having a soldering tip small enough is vital if you are to attempt this - an ordinary tip is TOO BIG. I used a piece of copper earth wire (obtained from ordinary "Twin and Earth" electricians household mains wiring cable) I then wound it around my soldering tip and filled it down to a fine point.
9. Re-assemble - switch on - and if you have been careful and succeeded in this feat of micro soldering - you should have a realistic chance of having a fully functioning display once again.
Posted on Sep 19, 2015
Go to http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/30847
and scroll down for suggested fix - bridging a fuse link with wire or a repalcement fuse. This appears to be a really common problem
Hope this helps
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 28, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 27, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 21, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 29, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 13, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 16, 2016 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
237 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: