- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The shredder has to be located on the container properly for it to work.Specifically at the inside,back towards the right hand side of the paper collection box/container there is a strip of stiff plastic which extends out,about half an inch,at ninety degrees from the rear of the container/collection box.
The shredder head contains within it a safety switch which is depressed ,thereby activating the shredder,by aligning the stiff ,aforementioned,plastic strip with an appropriate slot in the shredder.if the plastic strip fails to contact correctly the misaligned light will stay on and the shredder fail to operate.Solution,make sure that the strip is not bent at the end or otherwise out of its designed orientation thereby denying the strip access to the safety switch.
You can order from Fellowes or a dealer like myself. Maybe the unit is all jammed up with shreds in the housing. Try taking the top off and cleaning it throughly. Be careful with the short ribbon cabl.
Clearing the "Service Due" prompt:
1. Lift safety flap (plastic cover over paper entrance).
2. Depress Reverse and Stop button simultaneously 2-4 seconds.
3. LCD display reads, "Service Info 1"
4. Press Stop button once to obtain "Service Info 2"
5. Depress Forward and Reverse buttons simult. 2-4 seconds.
6. "Service Due" prompt will be cleared and service hours zero.
7. Snap safety flap down to close.