Good morning! If you receive a "1920" error regarding failure to start a McAfee Service when trying to update or install Mcafee VirusScan, follow the instructions below.
This procedure involves editing the Windows Registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Use this tool at your own risk.Solution
- Uninstall McAfee VirusScan Enterprise using the "Add/Remove Programs" option in the Control Panel.
- If present, delete c:\Program Files\Network Associates and c:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates
- Go to the Start menu, select Run, and type regedit .
- Find and delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates.
- Restart the computer.
- Install McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and update the software.