Question about Jenn-Air Kitchen Ranges
These type of elements are often known as dual elements. They usually have two separate coils. More than likely the center coil has failed. They cannot be repaired and, in the case with your range, cannot be replaced separately. You will need to replace the entire element. Searspartsdirect.com carries parts for your range. Just type in your model number and locate item numbers 5301 and 5302 under the "Cooktop" heading. I do not know which front element your are talking about, but there is a price difference. No, thay aren't interchangeable. They have different wattage ratings. You will need to determine which one it is that you're having problems with. Replacing a single element is not difficult. It can be accomplished easily by following these instructions:
1. Unplug the range before servicing. Even with the unit turned off, there are potentially dangerous voltages present on the wiring harness.
2. Open the oven door and locate the two screws that hold the cooktop in place under the front edge. CAUTION: Do not put any weight on the oven door. You can cause damage to the door springs. Once you remove the screws to the cooktop, close the oven door.
3. With the screws removed, the cooktop will lift up.
4. Use something to prop up the cooktop, or a second person to assist, and carefully remove the mounting bracket to the two front elements. They are assembled together on the same bracket piece.
5. Gently lay the entire assembly on top of the oven box, leaving the cooktop propped up. Disconnect the wires to the affected element and unscrew the mounting clips. NOTE: There are numbered mounting holes on the element, pay attention to which numbers the clips are screwed into.
6. Remove old element. Install mounting clips to new element and reconnect wires. Install new element in mounting bracket and carefully lift back into place on the cooktop and install. NOTE: Use caution when handling the elements, they are extremely fragile. DO NOT touch the ceramic material, or electric coils with your bare hands. Oil transfer form your hands can cause potential hot spots, leading to premature failure of the element.
7. Lower cooktop and secure back in place.
The repair procedures are pretty straight forward. If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
SOURCE: Frigidaire glass top
You will need a wiring diagram and a multi-tester (volt meter, etc). Find the diagram for the elements, trace your wires to that switch, and check for voltage coming out of that infinite switch. If you have voltage, then its your element (85% chance its the element anyway). Good Luck.
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2010 | Mr. Heater Model MH12TS - Single Tank-top...
Sep 30, 2010 | Jenn-Air Ovens
Jan 04, 2010 | Jenn-Air Ovens
Sep 06, 2009 | GE Cooktops
Jul 31, 2009 | Jenn-Air 30 in. CCE3401 Electric Cooktop
Feb 09, 2009 | Jenn-Air JED8430 Electric Cooktop
Jun 26, 2008 | Jenn-Air 30 in. CCE3401 Electric Cooktop
May 14, 2008 | Jenn-Air JED8430 Electric Cooktop
May 10, 2017 | Jenn-Air Kitchen Ranges
Mar 20, 2017 | Jenn-Air Kitchen Ranges
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: