Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have an HP photosmart C5180. After replacing a cartridge, which I have done many times before, Ink system failure with error code 0xc18a0501appears on my screen. Tried several solution with no luck.
Hidden tech menu For resetting and repair, FIX UIAUX
Fixes error 0xc18a0507 error ink system fail
press <left arrow> then press <setup> button together
then press <ok>once support R0631m comes on screen
right arrow 2 times to the System configuration menu
then <ok> to select and ok to confirm reset error.
then <cancel> to escape ( all of witch are onscreen instructions.)
presto restart and no further error
------------- solution 2 ----------------------------------
HP C5180 All-In-One Printer HARD RESET:
Hold down HELP + OK button and unplug printer
Hold down HELP + OK button again as you plug the printer back in.
Then power it on, if it doesn’t power on automatically.
Be Safe: keep holding the buttons until the printer turns itself off. (It took mine less than a minute.)
Now you can release the buttons and simply power it back on.
I got an error message about “improper shut down” since I unplugged it w/out powering down. After I clicked “OK” the printer was just fine and didn’t mind anymore. And now I can print.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
This type of error message is related both with the printer and the ink cartridge. You may need to change your ink cartridge that you have purchased. Or you can reset the printer. I will give you instructions on how to make a reset on the printer if changing the ink cartridge will not resolve the problem
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
permanent PRINTHEAD may be electrically damaged (unfortunately it is not replaceable; you can verify this by performing the following):
To bypass INK SYSTEM FAILURE message please see the HP Printer Diagnostics Tests file (pdf) for instructions: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=1813
Verify the permanent built-in PRINTHEADs electrical performance inside this legacy printer model by running the TAP 43 diagnostic test (either one of the procedures below applies to all printers which use HP02 or HP363 ink cartridges): For additional HP02 support information, please visit our HP02 system support page which includes videos of everything mentioned below: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=1372
A. HP02 ink-series printers with KEYPAD (i.e. keypad numbers 1-9)
Tap 43 PRINTHEAD Health Diagnostics:
Video Procedure: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=2391
1. Press * and # keys simultaneously.
2. "Enter Special Key Combo" will be displayed.
3. Press 123 to display the 'Support/Service' menu.
4. At 'Support/Service' menu, click the Right Arrow 3 times until Special Reports menu is displayed.
5. Select Ok, then click Right Arrow 2 times until the 'print-mech button tap' menu is displayed.
6. Select Ok ('code = 0' will be displayed); click and hold Right Arrow until 'code = 43' is displayed. Use the Left Arrow if you need to decrease numerical count.
7. Select Ok. The test page prints.
8. Check the 4th line at the top of the printed report; an electrically good/stable PRINTHEAD 'Pen Status' will state "Pen Status: Pen OK".........if any other message is displayed then the PRINTHEAD may have failed and may need to be replaced (if part is still available). It is suggested to perform the 'Printer Reset' procedure below to first rule out printer firmware related problem.
B. HP02 ink-series printer models that DO NOT HAVE a KEYPAD:
Internal Test Print:
1. Press the Menu button, press the Right Arrow button to select 'Tools', and then press 'OK'.
2. Press the Right Arrow button several times to select 'Print Test Page', and then press 'OK'. The test page prints.
Tap 43 PRINTHEAD Health Diagnostics - See Video Procedure: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=2377
1. Turn ON the printer.
2. Press and Hold the "Print Photos" & "Red Eye Removal" buttons.
3. Release both buttons.
4. You will see a new screen that says, "Enter Special Key Combo"... The Key combo is: press and release in sequence the "Red Eye Removal", "Print Photos", and then "Red Eye Removal"
5. Scroll through the menu by pressing the right arrow button until the display says 'Special Reports'.
6. Select Ok, then press the arrow button until the 'print-mech button tap' menu is displayed.
7. Select Ok ('code = 0' will be displayed); click and hold Right Arrow until 'code = 43' is displayed.
8. Select Ok. The test page prints.
9. Check the 4th line at the top of the printed report; an electrically good/stable PRINTHEAD 'Pen Status' will state "Pen Status: Pen OK".........if any other message is displayed then the PRINTHEAD may have failed (unfortunately the PRINTHEAD is not replaceable). It is suggested to perform the 'Printer Reset' procedure below to first rule out printer firmware related problem.
For additional and advanced HP printer diagnostics, please visit: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=1813
To help solve other HP02 ink-series printer/printing related issues please visit http://www.inkjet411.com
Posted on Jul 26, 2013
Just FYI, HP will replace the printer with a refurbished model during the first year after purchase. The number to call HP support is 1-800-474-6836. They should send the new model with a shipping label, and you return the old printer in the same box. In my experience, if you have tried the power cycle and cleaning the copper contacts on the print cartridges, I would call HP.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Ink System Failure HP C5180
IssueAn 0xc18xxxxx or 0xc19xxxxx ink system error code displays on the front panel. The printer cannot copy, receive faxes, or print. Solution
Press the On button to turn the printer off.
Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
Remove all the ink cartridges.
Wait two minutes.
Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
Press the On button to turn the printer on.
Install the ink cartridges when prompted.
If the error code does not display, the issue is resolved.
If the 0xc18xxxxx or 0xc19xxxxx ink system error code displays on the front panel, service the printer.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 16, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 01, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 20, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
6,806 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!