Question about NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
All the lights are on just as usual. Yet no network connect. When I bypass the router, I hook right up.(that is how I am typing this message). Worked yesterday but not today. I am a comcast cable customer. Any suggestions?
I encountered the same problem, with the same modem and also Comcast, and here's what wound up working for me, after time spent with a nice guy on the Netgear customer support line:
1. Log into router: http://192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.1.1) - user: admin / password: password
2. Under Maintenance, click Router Status. If IP Address is listed as 0.0.0.0, there's your problem-- router isn't getting address from modem.
3. At bottom of Basic Settings, under Router MAC Address, change selection from Use Default Address to Use Computer MAC Address.
4. Click Apply.
5. Click Router Status again-- non-blank IP address should now be listed.
6. Basic Settings will now show MAC address under Use This MAC Address. See if you can get online now. I could, and I hope you can, too!
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Comcast uses DHCP and does not supply a router, only a modem. Bridge mode will not help a comcast customer. Before post#1 did you reboot the modem/router 1st?? Post#1 should work, the modem binds to the nic mac of the pc, when u clone that to the router the modem thinks its the pc still. If you had a DSL service like ATT/Verizon then yes you need bridge mode....
Posted on May 14, 2009
The modem must be set first into a bridge mode by Comcast who had provided you the modem before connecting the modem to the netgear router.
you will not have an internet connection if your modem was not set into a bridge mode if you will connect it to your netgear router.
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2010 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 17, 2010 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 18, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 16, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 09, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Aug 10, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Feb 17, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Mar 02, 2017 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
1,071 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!