Question about HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
When I turn the computer on, it calls for a power-on password...I cannot enter the pword because the keyboard doesn't seem to be working..?
Desktop,on the motherboard there's a little silver battery that pops out,by doing this ,it resets your password.
on a laptop,it's on the back of the laptop,unscrew the cover and unplug the cmos battery for 30 seconds and that will reset your passwords.
i hope this solves your problem.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
Hi, Try opening your laptop up, Take out the CMOS Battery, leave it for 10 seconds, Make sure there are no AC cords attached, as well as the battery removed.
After making sure that is well, Start hitting your power button to drain all the power up. re insert your CMOS battery, laptop battery. and Charger then turn your pc on. then Congratulations you have refreshed your bios. your computer then should just load as normal.
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 30, 2013 | Fujitsu LifeBook AH530 NoteBook
Dec 10, 2012 | Panasonic Toughbook 19 Laptop Convertible...
Jul 11, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jan 04, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386 Notebook
Please go through the below step, you can able to do it.
1) Shut down the Dell Latitude D620 if it's currently powered on. Click "Start" in the left-hand corner of the screen to access Windows' shut down options. Alternatively, press and hold the Latitude's power button, located on the top edge of the laptop's keyboard.
2) Turn on the computer by pressing the laptop's power button.
3) Press and hold "F8" on the top of the laptop's keyboard immediately after turning the computer on. If the Windows logo appears on the screen, you're too late and must repeat Steps 1 through 3 again. If you pressed it in time, a list of text options will appear on the screen.
4) Use your keyboard's arrow keys to scroll down to "Repair Your Computer." Push the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
5) Choose a language from the next list and select "Next." If you've password-protected your laptop, you will be prompted to enter your user name and password at this time.
6) Press "Dell Factory Image Restore." A new window will appear. Click "Next" and select the option for reformatting the hard drive and restoring the factory condition of the laptop.
Dec 17, 2010 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Jul 12, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Jun 24, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 701SD
Nov 21, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!