Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have had the Hp Photosmart D7360 for about 3 months and printed approx 4 things from it mainly photos, the ink cartridges are full, I have taken them out and shaken them and replaced back into the printer but no success message "Ink System Failure Oxc18a0001" Are you able to help.
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Solution about ink system failure 0xc18a0001
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
Found this on another site - it worked for the 7280 so will probably work for this one also:
1. Press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both.
2. Enter '123' to enter maintenance mode.
3. Press the right arrow (beside the OK button) until System Configuration menu appears on panel.
4. Press OK two times to clear the error condition, then press "Cancel" until you are back at the top menu.
5. Power off and back on.
Note that I got one further error message, but restarting the printer again resolved it.
Posted on May 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2017 | GE Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 12, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 25, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 08, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 07, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 27, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 13, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 24, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 20, 2007 | Office Equipment & Supplies
2,519 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!