Question about HP Webcam for Notebooks
1. Check whether you are able to see the webcam entry in device manager ( under imaging devices)
2. If the device is not detected perform the following:
Step 1 : Disconnect the power cable and external devices form the notebook.
Step 2 :Turn off the notebook.
Step 3 : Now turn the notebook upside down. You will see a latch. Move the latch to the extreme right and left.
Step 4 : Now you please remove the battery .
Step 5 : Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
This will drain out the static electricity from the notebook.
Step 6 : Now connect the Ac Adapter to the notebook (please do not insert the battery), and turn on the notebook
Even if the device is not detected, reinstall the operaitng system.
If the device is detected, uninstall the drivers and reinstall them from recovery manager.
Here is the link where you can get the instructions to reinstall the drivers from recovery manager in vista:
For windows 7:
I hope the issue will be resolved. Good Luck
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2012 | Advent Computers & Internet
1. Is the boot sequence in BIOS set to boot from CD or DVD, if not I would suggest you to go to BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot from CD and try to boot from the CD
2. Is the computer custom built or OEM built?
3. What is the model number and who is the manufacturer of the computer?
4. Have you made any changes to the computer by installing any new software or hardware?
5. Since when are you unable to boot the computer normally?
6. You need to get Windows Vista DVD to perform further troubleshooting either to scan the computer or to perform repair install, I would suggest you to contact the computer manufacturer to obtain vista DVD.
Sep 07, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5920-6423 Notebook
Jun 18, 2011 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Apr 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 21, 2010 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 03, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Dec 25, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 20, 2007 | Fujitsu Siemens LIFEBOOK C6387...
May 27, 2012 | HP Webcam for Notebooks
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: