Question about ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 2006 EDITION, (256 MB) AGP Graphic Card
I have contacted the ATI people about not having TV in. I have an AIW 2006 agp card. With the catalyst at 8.1 and software at 6.2 by suggestion I finally got on the coax connector a messy picture, ie useless, and sound. Using the adapter connector for the composite in I still recieve no picture and no sound. I previously had a Haupauge that was nice, but had some conflicts with other components when I finally upgraded my video. I put the old video card in my other computer when I bought the AIW.
Recently had a similar problem and solved it today!
The fix starts by first doing a "deep uninstall" of all ati drivers and programs present in the affected computer computer, remember to remove al ati related programs from control panel's add remove utility, including the whole multimedia center. And finally reinstalling the new drivers (observing WDM drivers).
You should have downloaded the most recent catalyst drivers from ati, and the most recent multimedia center completely (about 80+Mb) that are available for your card.
Also visit the previous versions of the catalyst drivers, the all-in-wonder 2006 seems to be only compatible with the WDM drivers up to ver.8.4 and download it "alone" (don't worry if the latest drivers include the WDM, you can write v.8.4 over it any time).
Now proceed with the "deep uninstall" following this directions, taken from somewhere on the internet, thanks to the one who wrote them...
1. Go into the Control Panel and under the ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE icon uninstall the ATI Multimedia software and/or the ATI DVD software.
2. Uninstall the ATI drivers also found in the Add/Remove section. Once removed, it will prompt you to reboot....do so.
3. When returning to windows, the NEW HARDWARE FOUND wizard will come up and will tell you that it has found a new VGA card and will prompt you for drivers. Hit CANCEL!
4. Now, go to START - SEARCH - FOR FILES OR FOLDERS and do a search for all files and folders using the filename ati*.*
This search will normally give you 3 to 4 files found in your c:/windows directory and subdirectories (including the Windows/System directory). Select these files and erase them. Now go to your Recycle Bin and Empty your bin.
5. Next...time to go to your Registry. Go to START -- RUN -- regedit
Here go to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SYSTEM -- ControlSet001 -- Control -- Video . Here there should be 4 entries. 3 of them are default Windows XP entries and the 4th one is put in by the ATI drivers. Expand each one by one until you see ATI entries. Once found, erase the entire key.
Now repeat the same step above for the ControlSet002 key and the CurrentControlSet Key. Normally, whenever you erase a key in the ControlSet001, XP automatically deletes it in the CurrentControlSet section too. So if the ATI key is not found in the CurrentControlSet section, don't worry about it.
Once all keys are deleted, proceed to the next step.
6. While still in the registry, go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -- SOFTWARE section. Here you should find an ATI Technologies key. Select it and delete it. In that same section, look for an Installed Options key. Expand it and there you should find another ATI Technologies key. Select it and erase it.
7. Still in the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -- Software and there you should find another ATI technologies key. Select it and erase it. Once all this is done, close the registry. the registry is now clean. Though you might want to even run a registry cleaner, like the one included in the freeware program CCLEANER, it's very good, can be undone and it's safe enough to use it almost blindly.
8. Close all windows and reboot.
9. When in windows after the reboot the NEW HARDWARE FOUND WIZARD will pop up again. Cancel that. Now find the new ATI drivers that you have downloaded and extracted and run the SETUP file. Once complete, reboot and you are done. You may want to reinstall your ATI MMC software and DVD software if you use them. DONE!
ONCE YOU'VE DONE ALL THE INSTALLING OF THE LATEST CATALYST DRIVERS AND MULTIMEDIA CENTER (is a 4 part download, be sure to install the 4 parts "only the dvd codec is optional" and leave the MMC part to install at last) BE SURE TO INSTALL V.8.4 OF THE WDM DRIVERS (for the all-in-wonder 2006), OTHERWISE YOU'LL HAVE THE SAME BLACK SCREEN WHICH IS ALSO CALLED AN OVERLAY FAIL.
Restart and run your TV, it will work. Please check if your TV comes out at 240i resolution instead of 480i, you might need to disable the TV ON DEMAND feature of the tv program. This is done at the registry. Close the TV program and Run Regedit, then look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI Technologies\Multimedia\Features\DTV\Channel Manager, the Key you need to change from 0 to 1 is the one called LiveMode. Close Regedit and restart. Start the TV program, and check, you should see the 480i resolution (at the top info bar), if not press ALT+3 and then ALT+2 and then ALT+1 (don't check any of the boxes in any of the questions), that should finally do it. Any problem? Just close TV program and do it all over again from the begining more carefully or trying some little variations in the ALT part.
All this solves many problems as with the TV program showing CORRUPT and BLACK or BLANK SCREENS with AUDIO which are also called OVERLAY FAILURES in many or maybe even all of the ALL IN WONDER (PCI Express or AGP) cards and even with the TV WONDER cards and USB adapters, the only difference between the cards might be the top WDM driver version you migh be able to use with an especific card. Please watch that you might need to try all the versions of the WDM available untill you find the one that works for you (the AIW2006 uses v.8.4, but for example the TV WONDER USB2.0 is able to use the latest available.)
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2014 | AVerMedia Technologic AVerMedia Video Card...
Aug 16, 2011 | ATI RADEON® 9250, (128 MB) AGP Graphic...
Mar 27, 2011 | ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 2006 EDITION, (256 MB)...
Jul 03, 2009 | ATI RADEON HD 2400 PRO Graphic Card
Jan 05, 2009 | Graphics Cards
Sep 06, 2008 | ATI All-in-Wonder 2006 PCI Express ,...
Apr 06, 2008 | ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 PRO (64 MB) Graphic...
Dec 06, 2007 | Sapphire RADEON 7000, AGP Graphic Card
Jan 29, 2007 | ATI RADEON 9800 PRO (256 MB) Graphic Card
447 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: