Question about Maytag MER5530 Electric Kitchen Range
I had set the oven to self clean for 3 hours and after 2 hours it started beeping and on the screen it had F1. Since then the oven has not worked properly. The broiler works and I was able to set the oven at 500 and that got the temp to 300. Now I can't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Momhenry, usually the F1 codes means a bad touch pad membrane but the fact that you had it in self clean could indicate another problem. There are a couple of ways to indentify the real problem. First have someone ohm out the temperature sensor. It should read between 1100 and 1200 ohms at room temp. This is the probe that is in your oven. It will unscrew from the inside and have a harness. Unplug the harness and test it from there. If the sensor checks out, kill the power to the oven and remove the keypad ribbon from the main board. Plug the oven back in with the keypad ribbon off and see if the error code returns. If it returns and your sensor checks out, it's the main board. If it doesn't return it's your touchpad. With-out being there, my past experience with this model would lean toward the temp. sensor. Check this out first, Catriver...post back.
Posted on Feb 05, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 09, 2010 | Maytag MER5530 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 30, 2009 | Jenn-Air JDR8895AAS Dual Fuel (Electric...
Jul 28, 2008 | Maytag MER5770 Electric Kitchen Range
Feb 20, 2008 | Frigidaire FEF336BC Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 29, 2007 | Maytag MER6769 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Dec 28, 2007 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Dec 18, 2007 | Maytag MER6872BAS Gemini Electric Kitchen...
May 28, 2007 | Maytag PER5705 Performa Electric Kitchen...
Jun 08, 2006 | Maytag MER5530 Electric Kitchen Range
229 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: