Question about Fujitsu fi-5530C Scanner
Fujitsu fi-5530C scanner jams occasionally and this is expected. However, frequently after clearing a jam and restarting, the scanner will stay on "P" mode and will not scan any documents or make any sounds. Message says the ADF is open, but attempts to re-close it have no results. We have found that restarting both the computer and scanner multiple times seems to eventually clear something, and then opening and closing the lid one more time will suddenly will bring it back to life. It then resets itself and works fine. We cannot seem to find a pattern of the shut down and restart sequence that corrects the problem, so it's just multiple tries until it works. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
SOURCE: fi 5750c adf will not initialise
Clean the rubber rollers in the ADF with a well wrung cloth thoroughly. Use IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) if reqd. Dont use any other solvents.
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
Please clean the separation pad and the pick roller.
If this don't help change them.
The Fujitsu sparepart numbers:
pick roller PA03289-0001
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
Your scanner will never pass the initial boot "test" sequence without getting sensor and light readings. Cut the binding and scan it through the adf and save a few weeks work.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
SOURCE: E3 error on fujitsu fi-5530C
You have a rear optical error.
check the lamp is lighting.... open the ADF and push in the cover open switch. if one if off, replace it or the lamp inverter
swap the cameras over to be sure the fault follows to an E2
replace the optical unit
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2014 | Fujitsu fi-5900C Pass-Through Scanner
Nov 26, 2013 | Fujitsu Fi6130z Sheetfed Scanner
Aug 08, 2013 | Fujitsu fi-6130z - Document scanner -...
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 07, 2013 | Fujitsu fi-5900C Pass-Through Scanner
Jan 06, 2010 | Fujitsu ScanPartner fi-5120C Pass-Through...
Aug 18, 2009 | Fujitsu fi-5530C Scanner
Jan 09, 2009 | Fujitsu fi-5530C Scanner
1,009 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: