Question about Vehicle Parts & Accessories
How do i bypass immobiliser on my 1998 wrangler jeep
Ok well i assume you are trying to install a remote start/alram system. Her is all the info you should need to do so.
1. vehicles with gray keys have immobilizer system installed. If your vehicle is equiped with an immobilizer system a bypass module is required because you have sentry key immobilization. you can find this bypass module at Circuit City or Best Buy. The bypass module part number is 555cw but there is also a unversal module that can probly be used just ask the salesman selling you the module i belive the universal part# is 556uw. Now I will list your wire colors and locations for your vehicle
1. 12 volts - pink/blk - ignition harness
2. starter - yellow - ignition harness
3. ignition - blue - ignition harness
4. accessory - black/orange - ignition harness
5. second accessory - black/green - ignition harness
6. parking lights (+) - black/yellow - headlight switch
7. door trigger (-) - yellow - headlight switch
8. dome light supervision - use door trigger -
9. tachometer - gray - ignition coil
10 speed sense - white/orange - white plug, pin 27 PCM ( the PCM is on the passenger side firewall under the hood )
11. brake wire (+) - white/tan - brake pedal switch
Well thats about it. hope this helps
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2010 | 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Apr 12, 2010 | 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Jun 28, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Jun 25, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Feb 09, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Nov 23, 2008 | 2006 Jeep Wrangler
Aug 30, 2008 | 1998 Jeep Wrangler
1,842 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!