Question about Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
I've seen this with copiers in that a one second power failure and I need to reset it from the diagnostics menu. I have also seen this on printers as well. Here's the instructions for getting to the diags menu
Press and hold the red button (info button) and the “OK” button simultaneously. This should take you into the Service Tools menu.
2) When in the Service Tools menu, scroll down to the “Enter Diagnostics” menu. Select the “OK” button. It will go through some cycling at this time for about 2 minutes. The screen may go blank a few times too.
3) It then asks for a confirmation, select “ok” again. The printer will go through a minute of rebooting. The screen may go blank a few times too. You are waiting for the diagnostic menu with the Test #00 “no test selected”
4) 7) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
8) Then hit the up arrow until you go over test 100 to test 01. “Exit diagnostics.”Select “OK”.
9) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
10) At this time the printer will again reboot for several minutes & then should come up to a ready to print.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 12, 2013 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Apr 15, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
May 03, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Mar 18, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Feb 17, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jan 29, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
May 21, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jan 15, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jun 30, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jun 04, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: