HP fax 1010 - receives on LCD but never prints fax
I cannot receive certain faxes. I need to get faxes from the home where my autistic brother lives, and I never receive them.
I've even been on the phone with them, as they dial the number, and the HP fax 101 rings, and says "Receive." - But then never prints out the fax. I have looked at the report immediately afterwards and it shows no record of having received the fax. Also, I have printed any faxes in memory, just in case, and again, no fax. This has me stumped. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since you have verified from the manual and see no issues with the settings I doubt that you have done some thing wron with the settings. Even though just check whether you plugging the phone line into the line jack or the phone jack on the fax machine, it should plug in to line. Also try and unplug/replug the units power cord as well as trying a different phone jack location. If tghis does not work try to capture the error that you get as this would help in entering in the troubleshooting link provided bellow:
Review page 65 in your manual. Changing the "Advanced Fax Operations:"
If received faxes are left in your machine's memory when you change the Advanced Fax Operations, the LCD will ask you one of the following questions:
Erase All Fax? Yes - Press 1 No - Press 2
Print All Fax? Yes - Press 1 No - Press 2
• If you press 1, faxes in the memory will be erased or printed before the setting changes. If a backup copy has already been printed it will not be printed again. • If you press 2, faxes in the memory will not be erased or printed and the setting will be unchanged.
Description of Problem 100000018247
When I launch PC-Fax Receive Program, I receive an error stating: The Fax Receive program must be started to receive PC faxes. What can I do?pc fax rx
Description of Solution 200000023257
You may receive this error if the pc fax application is closed and you have faxes stored in the memory of the machine. To resolve this issue,you will need to print the faxes already stored in the memory of the machine. To print the faxes, please follow these steps:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Fax.
3. Press the OK key to confirm your choice.
4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Print Fax.
5. Press OK.
6. Press the BLACK START key.
- Your Brother machine will print the stored faxes.
7. Press the STOP/EXIT key to exit the menu.
8. Once the stored faxes have been printed, click WINDOWS/START, (ALL) PROGRAMS, BROTHER, XXX-XXXX (X = MODEL NUMBER), PC-FAX RECEIVING, XXX-XXXX or RECEIVE (depending on your operating system).
9. The Brother PC-fax receiving icon will now appear in your Windows Task Tray indicating that Brother PC-Fax Receiving is active.
PRESS REPORTS IT WILL PRINT OUT A HELP PAGE LOOK AT THE SUB MENUE ON THE HELP PAGE MENUE SELCTION 3 FOLLOW THE PROMPT TO TURN ON THE RECEIVE OR IT MAY SAY EASY RECEIVE . GOOD LUCK BROTHER TECH / I HAVE THE SAME MACHINE AT HOME GOOD LUCK
Hello, I can send faxes from my HP Fax 1010, but cannot receive them. I can dial the number from another phone but it will keep ringing and the machine never picks up. We have tested the phone line and all seems well. Is there some setting on the fax machine itself that I need to change in order to receive? Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
First make sure your line cable is plugged into the correct place. Most
Brother machines have a plug for Line and a plug for Extension (EXT),
make sure it's plugged into "Line".
Go into the menu on your Brother machine and select Fax, then Setup
Receive and then select Easy Receive. This will usually solve most
Brother machines come with s default of 4 rings before they will
answer, make sure none of your other devices (such as an answering
machine) are set to a lower number of rings or the fax machine will
never grab the line.
If you have distinctive ring, make sure you have it set up in the
machine. There is a section in the owners manual for setting up
If the machine grabs the line and goes through the motions but nothing
comes out on the page (no black print) then make sure you are using a
Brother ink cartridge (not refilled or generic) and print out the test
page using the "ink" button. Allow the machine to clean a few times and
see if the test page prints out correctly. If you are using refills or
a generic black, you might have premanently damaged the print head. In
this case take it to a service centre to have the head tested.