Question about Zenith SY2518RK TV
I looked in back and it showed VR"s for all 3 colors on the partial schematic. when i looked for them on the board there are marked spaces for the vr's but none are there. i guess it is now adjusted thru a service mode possibly using the remote can anyone help with the color adjustment proceedure (for tech)?
U WERE RIGHT guess thats why you have the stats!!!!!!!!! Im top on most copiers, faxes/ printers huge and small (since 1979) if I can help u sometime
Posted on Jul 11, 2007
Zenith is notorious for bad CRTs, an adjustment might not be what you need.
Posted on Jul 07, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2009 | Loewe Aconda ACO9303 30" TV
Apr 02, 2008 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Aug 17, 2007 | GE 25GT240 25" TV
Nov 20, 2006 | Emerson TS1997 19" TV
Jul 02, 2006 | Zenith A27A23W 27" TV
May 19, 2006 | GE 24GP653 24" TV
Apr 23, 2006 | Panasonic CT-27G22 TV
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: