FLASHES INSIDE OF MIRCOWARE AFTER IT IS STARTED AND MAKE NOISE
AFTER YOU START THE MIRCOWAVE, THE UNIT WILL START TO FLASH INSIDE AND MAKE A GRINDING SOUND. IT WILL WORK OFF AND ON FOR A PERIOD OF TIME AND THEN START THE NOISE AGAIN AND THE FLASHING WHERE THE MAGNITORN UINT IS LOCATED ON THE SIDE OF THE UNIT. CAN THIS BE THE MAGNITRON UNIT OR THE HV TRANSFORMER?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: FLASHES INSIDE OF MIRCOWARE AFTER IT IS STARTED AND...
It could be a magnetron sparks to the open metal inside the m/w cavity or some broken wire on high voltage side. It is not HV transformer (when burn create a lot of smoke and bad smell). Magnetron needs to be replace.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The grinding noise could be from the turntable motor, or the fan. Remove plate from oven and put a cup of cold water in, set for 30 seconds and run the microwave, if no grinding is detected it means the turntable motor is near end of life. If there is no change unplug microwave and remove top check the fan mounts tighten if loose, if straps are tight suspect the fan motor.
My wife noticed a strong smell of something burning inside our home. Luckily we were home. The microwave was NOT on...and the turntable was turning and making that grinding sound. When I opened the door, the turntable kept turning....all digital lights were OFF. The microwave does not work. I am extremely angry that this unit was able to continue to grind unnoticed. If we were not home, I assure you that this would have caused a kitchen fire. The upper inside portion was extremely hot to the touch and the cabinet on top of the over-the-range microwave was also very hot. This would have easily caused ignition and a subsequent kitchen fire. I am going to report this to the UL.
sometimes you can find a small hole on the bottom or the back of the mircowave.. like the watches you stick a pen in to reset;; this is a reset for the mircowave you need a pin and do it just like the watches,
Also There bis a fuse on the inside panel or back panel after removing it.. the fuse or wires can be croded causing temporay memory loss ,if you clean it up it should hold memory how ever they do not recomend you open or remove the panel rom miorcowave only a experanced person should do this,it is up to you how to handle that
I gave you the information I know but also the safty about it if you do not feel good about opening it I just wouldn't do it
HI, the popping sound that you herd was the result of a failed HV capacitor. This failure will render the unit inoperable, as you has witnessed at this time. Replacing this failed HV capacitor, will correct this issue. I would also advise to check the cut-off fuse and in-line AC fuse as well. There may be some issues concerning the integrity of these fuses as well.
HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.
(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))
HI, the high voltage capacitor is unstable and, it has damaged the Magnetron. you will need to replace the Magnetron. it will run you about $191.30. this will restore the heating action in your microwave unit.
Touch pads are not the most reliable things. It sounds as though one of the keys is stuck on. There is nothing you can do for this, as there are no user serviceable parts inside, but there are voltages present which are INSTANTLY LETHAL, & may persist even if the unit is unplugged. Check your local thrift stores, as used microwaves are often sold there very cheaply, often as low as $5.