Question about Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft Collector's Edition for Windows
I allowed a kid on the street to play games and ended up with this game - and want to get it uninstalled!!
You can try removing the game from the Add and Remove Programs from the
Control Panel, but if it does not get uninstall from there or if it
gives you any kind of error messages you can try the below mentioned.
Clear temp files 1. Click “Start”, click “Run”, type” %temp%” in the Open box, and then click OK. (If the "Run" option is unavailable press the "Windows Key" and "R" (The "Windows key" is between "ctrl" and "alt" keys on your keyboard.)
2. On the" Edit menu, click Select All.
3. On the File menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to All.
Delete the game Folder
1. Click Start, and then click Search or “Find or Search". NOTE: If you are using Microsoft Windows 98, click "Files or Folders", and if you are using Microsoft Windows XP, click "All files and folders".
2. in the Named box or the "All or part of the file name" box, type Warcraft or Blizzard.
3. In the "Right pane" box, select all the game related files and delete them.
Uninstall the game from registry
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system
Make sure you delete keys only related to Warcraft or Blizzard .
1. Click on “Start” and click on “Run” type “regedit”.
2. Click on [+] Sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and locate Software and click on [+] Sign next to it.
3. Now, press "ctrl + f" (to search) and type the game name (Warcraft or Blizzard).
4. Delete all the keys and folders associated with the game that would be displayed in the column to the left.
5. Press “F3” on your keyboard to re-search for different entries for the game.
6. Then exit the Registry Editor and restart the machine for the changes to take effect.
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2011 | Activision World of WarCraft 14-Day Trial...
Mar 05, 2011 | Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft...
Jan 12, 2010 | Blizzard Entertainment WarCraft III: The...
Aug 05, 2009 | Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft...
Jul 06, 2009 | Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft...
Oct 19, 2008 | Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft...
Aug 26, 2008 | Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft...
2,527 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: