Question about HP Printers & Copiers
1. Verify that the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable is NOT connected to the printer.
2. Click the Windows icon, click Control Panel , click Hardware & Sounds , and then click Printers .
3. Click Add a printer .
4.Click Add a local printer .
5. Select the Use an existing port check box.
6. In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
7. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
8. Under Printers , select "Deskjet 5600"
9. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name, and then click Next . The printer driver starts to install.
10. After the computer displays a message that the printer was successfully added, connect the USB cable to the printer and to the computer.
11. On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel .
NOTE: If multiple pop-up windows display, click Cancel on each window.
Now let's configure the driver
1. In the printer folder, right-click the name of the printer, and then click Properties .
2. Click the Ports tab.
3. Change the port from LPT1 to USB.
Now let's make a test
1.Click the General tab.
2. Click Print Test Page
Your printer should start printing in a few seconds.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
May 04, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Mar 05, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Nov 02, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Apr 11, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Sep 30, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Aug 21, 2008 | HP Printers & Copiers
Oct 21, 2007 | HP Photosmart 2610xi All-In-One InkJet...
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: