Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Verify that the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable is NOT connected to the printer.
2. Click the Windows icon, click Control Panel , click Hardware & Sounds , and then click Printers .
3. Click Add a printer .
4.Click Add a local printer .
5. Select the Use an existing port check box.
6. In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
7. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP .
8. Under Printers , select "Deskjet 5600"
9. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name, and then click Next . The printer driver starts to install.
10. After the computer displays a message that the printer was successfully added, connect the USB cable to the printer and to the computer.
11. On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel .
NOTE: If multiple pop-up windows display, click Cancel on each window.
Now let's configure the driver
1. In the printer folder, right-click the name of the printer, and then click Properties .
2. Click the Ports tab.
3. Change the port from LPT1 to USB.
Now let's make a test
1.Click the General tab.
2. Click Print Test Page
Your printer should start printing in a few seconds.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
May 04, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Mar 05, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Nov 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 02, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Apr 11, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart 7660 InkJet Printer
Aug 21, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 13, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jul 18, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!