Question about Hitachi 32HDL52 32 in. LCD Television
Tv screen has gone all fluorescent green, sound and picture not distorted, but impossible to watch.Recently took tv to an engineer problem did not arrive, brought it home within half an hour, green again sending us mad.
I had whole redish/pinkish screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
I do not have good news for you---this model is prone to the optical light engine going bad---usually a red oval area in the middle of the screen----I have also read that there are now several class action lawsuits related to this problem in this set. You can Google the model number and you will set what I am talking about.
I have replaced several light engines(called an optical engine) in this model--both the 50V500 and the 60V500 have this problem.
The last time I checked the optical engine wholesaled for about 600 dollars and is major labor to replace--I had someone else here ask me about this set---He was in Canada and the first time he called Hitachi he was told they were not aware of any problem--after posting here with me he called them back and someone admitted they knew about this but had been told not to say anything or admit any problem---thousands of these sets all have the same problem.
Clearly the set is not worth a 600 dollar part plus labor---considering the cost of new sets, but the only other option you have is to try to connect with one of the several class action lawsuits---I found them by typing the model number and lawsuit after it on Google.
I know I am not giving you good news but I know this set.
If this information has been helpful for you, please take a minute to give me a vote here--I do this here for free.
If you have any questions or need advice reply to this post here.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM IN BOTH THE 50V500 AND 60V500---IT IS A BAD OPTICAL LIGHT ENGINE---MAJOR PART---WHOLESALES FOR OVER 600 DOLLARS!
IF YOU HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY---GET IT IN FOR REPAIR!
There are already several class action lawsuits in several states concerning this problem in this model.
What happens is the lamp the set uses damages lens etc inside the light engine--the engines are now being sold on an exchange basis and are all rebuilt units---that are supposed to not have the same kind of problem as the early ones.
If this helps you, rate this solution as I do this here for FREE.
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
that is correct you need to replace the optical block to fix this problem the LCD chips are starting to burn out and the it why you are getting this problem reflecting on the screen this parts are around $230.00dlls to $340.00dlls plus the labor it is a thinker good luck I hope this was helpful
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
SOURCE: I have a 50v500a Hitachi
THIS IS SO COMMON THERE ARE NOW SEVERAL CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS OVER IT---I suggest you get involved---the replacement engines are all rebuilt and supposed to "not have the same trouble".
Let me know if I can be of assistance.
GOOGLE THE MODEL NUMBER WITH CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AFTER IT.
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2015 | Flat Panel Televisions
Dec 14, 2015 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-55XBR8 55 in. HDTV LCD TV
Dec 11, 2015 | Sharp Flat Panel Televisions
Feb 29, 2012 | Hitachi Flat Panel Televisions
Feb 22, 2012 | Flat Panel Televisions
Nov 16, 2010 | Sony Bravia KDL-32ML130 32 in. LCD TV
Oct 13, 2009 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Mar 05, 2008 | Hitachi 26LD6600 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Sep 20, 2007 | Flat Panel Televisions
Jan 01, 2012 | Hitachi 32HDL52 32 in. LCD Television
Mar 07, 2009 | Hitachi 32HDL52 32 in. LCD Television
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!