Question about Linksys Computers & Internet
Reset Linksys WRT330N. Ran setup from 192.168.1.1 Rebooted and receive message that says settings saved on the computer do not match the network. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I used to have WAP2 but that option doesn't appear so I pick WEP. I put in a passphrase, I hit generate for random keys I go to administration and pick a password then I reboot and then I get the message.
Hey, you're on the right track however, you'll just need to synchronize the settings on the computer. Follow the steps below.
1. Open the router's admin page (192.168.1.1)
2. Go to Wireless > Wireless Security
3. Security Mode: Select WPA-Personal
4. On the WPA-Shared Key or Passprase box, type your desired password. (Minimum of 8 characters.)
5. Take note of the password, click on Save Settings.
6. On your laptop, open Network and Sharing Center
7. Click on Manage Wireless Network.
8. Please remove all the listed networks
9. Click on Add > Add a Network in Range
10. Select your network and click connect.
11. Type the WPA password that you wrote down and connect.
You should all set.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
on Jan 31, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Sep 23, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 12, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 30, 2010 | Linksys WRT120N Router
May 23, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Apr 18, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Mar 15, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Oct 29, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!