Question about Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic Food Processor
I have had to order part.. Cuisinart sells parts with out instructions... I'm hoping some one can email me instructions.... I have been told it can be tricky to install... TL
I have a DLC 7 pro circa 1982 - just replaced the sheath. First - remove old sheath - I found that using a plumbers pipe cutter to cut old sheath off in sections then pulling each section off with pliers works great. Make sure ALL the plastic comes off the metal shaft - as well as the brass ring portion of the sheath.
Next use a sharpie marker to mark the the "flat" side of the shealth = you must look inside the sheath, find the 2 "nubs" that form a "flat" side. These nubs must line up perfectly with the flat side of the shaft - mark the base of the shaft as well so you can more easily line up the flat of the sheath with the flat side of the shaft (and no, the flat outer sides of the the sheath do not match up with the flat inside section of the sheath - that would make life too easy!)
Press the new sheath on with your hand as far as it goes - should go down to about 1 inch from the base.
Now you need a hammer, piece of 2 x4 wood and brute strenght! (keep in mind that once you hammer it - even once - it will NOT come off) Put the 2" side of the wood against the top of the sheath - Use a LOT of force to hammer the sheath all the way down. will probably take 3 - 5 good strikes. It will take much more force than you think you should need to use. Make sure the base of shaft is as far down as possible - if it rubs against the workbowl while spinning it will fuse to the bowl! Good luck! -
Posted on Dec 28, 2010
It usually goes something like this, with minor variations depending on model number:
1. Remove the work bowl completely from the base
2. Plug the food processor in and turn it on
3. Use a pen to depress the dark grey/black button on the base – if it spins, proceed
4. Put the work bowl on the base with the handle facing the front of the food processor – slide the work bowl until it locks - the white tabs show in the openings on the bottom of either side of the workbowl
5. Place the lid on the workbowl with the tab slightly left of the center of the workbowl handle – slide the lid counterclockwise until it won’t slide any more
6. Place the pusher sleeve in the feeder tube of the lid with the lock facing the front of the food processor (may vary depending on model)
7. Slide the lock to the right into the locked position
The food processor should now work
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2014 | Cuisinart DLC-7SFP Pro Food Processor
Aug 24, 2011 | Cuisinart DLC-1 Mini-Prep Food Processor
Aug 13, 2011 | Cuisinart FP14DC 14 Cups Food Processor
Feb 09, 2010 | Cuisinart Food Processors
Sep 01, 2009 | Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic Food...
Apr 24, 2009 | Food Processors
Apr 18, 2009 | Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic Food...
Nov 16, 2008 | Cuisinart DLC-8S Pro Custom Food Processor
Aug 06, 2008 | Cuisinart DLC-5 Food Processor
912 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: