Question about Uniden 2.4 GHz Cordless Phone System
To solve this problem, the phone must be taken apart. Don't worry it is not that hard. No knowledge of quantum mechanics is necessary.
1) Remove the back cover and remove the battery.
2) Remove the 4 screws. (There is a screw at each corner)
3) Pull the phone apart from the bottom (The top will remain attached for now)
4) Firmly press silver area (near the top) in order to separate from the back of the phone. Then, slide the silver front of the phone down (this will remove the inner, paper clip like, antenna)
5) Locate the 2 screws on the circuit board and remove them.
6) Carefully, turn the circuit board over. There will be a thin white layer of plastic on the other side.
7) With a dry napkin or cloth (something that won't shed), wipe the surface of the white plastic. This will remove the small amount of oily residue. (be careful not to lose the white surface, if it falls off, just put it back as it was)
8) Just under the white plastic surface will be a small silver circle with a black top. This is the speaker that allows you to be heard. With the cloth, touch the black speaker cover several times. This will remove the oily residue. (it is ok if the black cover comes off because you can clean under it)
9) Before putting the phone back together, re-attach the battery and lightly press the circuit board to the face of the phone. Test the speaker by pressing "TALK" and rubbing your finger back and forth over the speaker opening. Listen for a light whipping noise while doing this. IF YOU HEAR IT, hang up the phone, remove the battery and proceed to put the phone back together. IF YOU DON'T HEAR IT, repeat the cleaning process thoroughly. Good luck.
PS - is it just me or was the suggested "MUTE" solution insulting.
Posted on May 01, 2009
The microphone may be muted. most cordless phones have the muting capability check your settings and unmute
If you have any questions plese do not hesitate to ask
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2014 | Cell Phones
Apr 09, 2013 | ZTE Score
Sep 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Dec 09, 2010 | RCA 25205RE1 Phone
Jan 30, 2010 | LG Xenon GR500 Cell Phone
Dec 29, 2009 | Nokia N72 Cellular Phone
Apr 15, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 29, 2007 | Panasonic SC-HT680 System
Jan 15, 2007 | Slider Kyocera SE47/ Portable Handsfree...
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!