Sony CCD-TR805E Auto focus and manual focus failure.
Everything else on this camcorder works well. The zoom works on the W&T button but drops in and out of focus on auto. Move to manual focus and nothing happens. The manual icon appears but no amount of rotating the focus ring will bring the image in to focus, as if it has become mechanicaly detached. Any idea's? Many thanks, Andy.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Sony CCD-TR805E Auto focus and manual focus failure.
This is a new one on me, but a few things...
Has this ever been dropped? It sounds like the optical block has internal damage. I can understand the lack of auto-focus, but not manual. If you look down the lens, you should be able to see movement as you zoom and focus. Can you see movement at all?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I used to be an Authorised Sony Camcorder repair agent before I retired and a capacitor kit was available (for service centres) to cure many problems including no sound from the microphone. It could be the internal mic itself.
Are you sliding the switch from "Auto" to "Man" first? The focus switch is located at about the mid-point of the camera, just forward of the flip out LCD. The focus ring is the larger of the two lens rings, the one farthest towards the front of the camera. The smaller ring behind that one is the zoom ring. Also, make sure something isn't inadvertently pressing down the "Push Auto" button immediately below the focus switch - that can force the camera to autofocus even if in "Man" (manual) focus mode. Hope that helps!
Most likely it will need a zoom switch block assembly if it's located on the top of the unit the part number is 1-418-760-21 and has a list cost of $38.40 Andrews Electronics has these. call : 1-800-289-0300
I have to send you its exploded view in pictures because its bit old model like 1996 and at that time service manuals were in paper form not in pdf format. Here I can post up to 150k size picture which would be not good enough to see details. And I have to scan concern pages to make pictures to send you through email. Now its your turn to let me know are you ready to proceed...:)
that problem is on the lens assembly...one the two motor is not working
properly...sometimes it is a poor connection to the socket of the main
board...other is photo sensor of the lens(not the ccd image sensor)or
the driver ic of the 2 motor...i suggest you have to go the service
center for repairing you camera cause it need to disassemble the camera
for doing this....
hmmm, the only thing i can think of is to try the easy Q mode and see if it works ok , when it is in easy Q mode it puts the video camera at a default setting and you cant change any of the menu options until you take it out of easy Q.
Your problem sounds like a focus problem. Could be that it's on manual focus and you're hitting the sweet spot only in full zoom?
From the manual:
1. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the
FOCUS is highlighted and then press the
M. FOCUS(MF) will display.
3. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down
until the object is in focus.
Zoom out a little if focusing is difficult.
4. To return to AF (Auto Focus: ),
press the ENTER button again.
Hope it works out, let us know!
AF/MF (Auto Focus/Manual Focus)
* The AF/MF function works in CAMERA, M.REC mode only.
* In most situations, it is better to use the automatic focus feature, as it enables you to concentrate on the creative side of your recording.
* Manual focusing may be necessary under certain conditions that make automatic focusing difficult and/or unreliable.
* If you are inexperienced in the use of camcorders, we recommend that you make use of Auto Focus.
In the following situations, you may obtain better results by adjusting the focus manually:
* A picture containing several objects, some close to the camcorder, others further away.
* A person enveloped in fog or surrounded by snow.
* Very shiny or glossy surfaces like a car.
* People or objects moving constantly or quickly like an athlete or a crowd.
Follow These Simple Steps To Set The Manual Focus
1. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the FOCUS is highlighted and then press the ENTER button. M. FOCUS(MF) will display.
3. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the object is in focus. Zoom out a little if focusing is difficult.
4. To return to AF (Auto Focus: ), press the ENTER button again.