Question about Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
Having your laptop sitting next to your desktop will not let your laptop connect to the DSL link.
You need what's called a Wireless Router. (assuming your laptop has a wireless adapter, if not you'll need a network cable for that.
1. Go to the store, buy a wireless router
2. install router in between your DSL modem and the computer.
3. Plug the WAN port into the DSL modem (cable is usually included with the router)
4. Plug the desktop into the back of one of the ports of the wireless router
5. Run the setup disk
6. For manual configuration of the router you can usually go to: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 depending on the brand)
7. If you don't know anything about networking, let the install disk do all the work.
8. Follow the instructions on what it tells you your configuration is for your wireless network.
9. Go to your laptop, apply said instructions.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 29, 2012 | eMachines Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2012 | Samsung Computers & Internet
Jan 31, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jan 23, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Oct 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 30, 2010 | Sony VAIO Notebook
Dec 27, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Feb 21, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Dec 08, 2007 | Computers & Internet
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: