Question about Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
Having your laptop sitting next to your desktop will not let your laptop connect to the DSL link.
You need what's called a Wireless Router. (assuming your laptop has a wireless adapter, if not you'll need a network cable for that.
1. Go to the store, buy a wireless router
2. install router in between your DSL modem and the computer.
3. Plug the WAN port into the DSL modem (cable is usually included with the router)
4. Plug the desktop into the back of one of the ports of the wireless router
5. Run the setup disk
6. For manual configuration of the router you can usually go to: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 depending on the brand)
7. If you don't know anything about networking, let the install disk do all the work.
8. Follow the instructions on what it tells you your configuration is for your wireless network.
9. Go to your laptop, apply said instructions.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2012 | Samsung Computers & Internet
Apr 13, 2011 | ParkerVision SIGNALMAX WR1500...
Nov 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Oct 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 02, 2009 | Dell XPS One Desktop
Apr 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 24, 2008 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: