An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: no cold air
You have a leak in the system sounds like a big leak should be easy to find. But in this case better get a Licensed Heating and Air person. They can find the leak and silver braze it and recharge the unit. let me know how it turns out. ken
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello, kindly check your air blower if is running if not u need to call a service technician to check it, if it is running and blow some air, i guess you don't have enough freon to your condenser, (freon is a liquid like a liquid nitrogen that running thru the aircon to create a cold air.Thanks
if you have some knowledge about air conditioner system then first connect hose with suction side of aircon pipe conector(valve) with Gage and second hose with cylinder and GAGE .during of this you must remember don,t forget to open valve before START this job then make your ac unit vacuum it should be 18-20 micron after vacuum fill freon (approxmatily 60-65 pci)
and check your aircon system,s evaporator all pipe has been cold not and any pipe is getting ice on it .if its reachpressure 60-65 psi AND YOUR AIRCON BLOWING COLD AIR then it,s good the close by cup nut on the connecting point and remove hose from connector and disconnect Gage from system .
(but please don,t do if you have not proper knowledge it can be dangour) warning: if you don,t have knowledge to do this please don,t try
If it blows hot and cool air, it means that you aircon is not having an isolation of the evaporator and condenser air. Please have a technician repair the air leak. Hot air from the condenser must be separated from the cool air of the evaporator. Hope this will help you.
There is a specification plate on the base of the unit. It will have the refrigerant type and quantity listed. The leak should be found and repaired before re-charging with refrigerant. 1993 model could be r-12,r-22 or r-134a.
use a heat gun to melt the iced pipes before using it again. have your aircon's thermostat checked/replaced. the thermostat's supposed to stop the compressor at a certain temp. which is before it freezes the pipes
1. Do not set the aircon too low temperature in overcast weather, this will cause ice ups and water dripping. Optimal comfort zone temperature is 24c.
2. You need to open the grill cover on the front of the aircon which unclips either end left and right with a finger pressure. You will find two filters which can slide out and should be cleaned. First tap them together to remove dust, then you can wash them with mild soap and cold water.
3. There is the third possibility that an insect has made a nest in the drainpipe. You should look on the outside of the building and locate a plastic drainpipe. You can either blow into this pipe with your mouth or get a blower. This will unblock any restriction in the drainpipe.
Goodluck and ratemeplease.
You'll most likely find your Air mix shaft has snapped - very common in the BA's and Territorys. Part only costs roughly $40, however the whole dash needs to come out so you can insert the new shaft. Less commonly it could be the HIM box