Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a over the range Goldstar microwave. The microwave does not heat the food. I even smell something seeming burning inside it

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 76 Answers

Time to replace cheaper to replace then fix

Posted on Dec 02, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What to do when oven smells like burning plastic


new ovens do have a certian amount of "burn in" to do when there new best to heat up and cool off oven several times before actuall food use to remove any construction solvents and "cure" all the materials inside

also ck to make sure you removed all the shipping packing sometimes this gets left inside by accedent and smells something horrible when heated ( caution :: Foam degrades to cyanide deadly gas when heated!!!!)

Sep 08, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Grease dripping from bottom of microwave


sometimes when a microwave is mounted above a range some people dont always consider that you have to take into consideration that you have to go by the heat rating guidelines because it will melt the white lithium grease off the gearing and it can possibly melt some of the protective coating from the circuit boards so check if it is rated to be placed above a range and go from there

Jan 31, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My frigadare microwave runs normal but wont heat the food


From the description you have provided, the magnetron has shorted. This a job for a professional because there is lethal voltages present that will kill.

Mar 27, 2012 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

We were using the microwave the other night and it started making a loud noise like the fan was running (although the fan was not). We let it sit for awhile and try to use it again but the noise came...


The loud noise and no heat means that the magnetron has failed. It the part that generates the microwaves that heat the food. When it fails it shorts out, causing the transformer to heat up. That is what was causing the burning smell. The cost of a replacement magnetron is around $130-150 range so it may not make sense to have it fixed.

Mar 24, 2011 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Gold Star 1515W microwave not heating up and when


The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't seen any obvious burnt parts, then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the way to go.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Benjamin

Jul 17, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1515 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When I turn on the micowave; smell somthing burning


The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be ready to burn out. If you smell the burning, you should then unplug the microwave, open it up and see if you can determine for sure that it is coming from that part. Unfortunately even if I am right, it is almost more cost effective to just replace the microwave rather than replace that part. You can run this microwave till it dies if you want, but I would be ready with a new one.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Benjamin

Apr 29, 2010 | KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not cooking


I would say yes, this can be fixed. It's most likely a relay with burned contacts.

May 02, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker microwave won't heat food


hello kmwnky,
You say that Everything went out at first ( which I assume means that all functions went dead) and then functions started to operate again later... if that is correct and you smelled something burning.. you may have a thermal fuse that failed, filament transformer that failed, magnetron tube that failed or a highvoltage capacitor that failed.. None of these components are something the untrained person should attempt to trouble shoot or replace since there are dangerous energies stored inside the electronics compartment even after power is removed.. Your Micro is > 8 years old and it's probably not worth the cost of repairing at this point. You'd be better served replacing it.. The cost to repair would exceed the cost to replace.. ( I feel like the grim reaper here..sorry..)
Regards,
Rick

Nov 28, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Constant humming sound


the most common problem with ALL microwaves is the magnatron

Dec 29, 2007 | Samsung SMH7178STD Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

43 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8968 Answers

Gerry Harvey
Gerry Harvey

Level 3 Expert

1456 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

67912 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...