Question about Computers & Internet
Things to try:
1. try to reinstall the bigpond software in safe mode. btw: what error do you get when trying and not being able to load the bigpond software.
2. check for errors in even viewer under 'system' and 'application' and post back with findings. look for any errors associated with failing services or drivers, or internet explorer (or firefox depending on what you use).
3. check in device manager and make sure there's not problems with your network adapter (make sure there's ? or ! signs next to the network adapter and make sure the device is working normally by looking into the status device under properties.)
4. this is probably worth to try: use system restore and go to a previous date in which everything was working fine. then uninstall norton again while in safe mode and as per directed by norton they try to connect to internet again.
5. I would be very carefull using ccleaner If you still want to use it do it as a last resort. I would also make a restore point before using it.
post back with your findings.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Try these steps:
1. Uninstall it again using Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs. (BUT) Uninstall the LiveUpdate first, then the rest of the Symantec software.
2. Go to http://www.ccleaner.com/ and download the newest version.
First click on Cleaner.
This is the main feature of the program, which will allow you to optimize your system, by removing unused and temporary files. It also protects your personal privacy by removing traces of the websites you have visited and the files you have opened.
(It's important to point out that it does this without removing any files you'll still need!)
Select the button on the right, not the Analyze button, it'll look but not act on anything.
When done, then click on Registry.
This is a more advanced feature which analyses your computers registry (where windows system settings are stored) and fixes any problems and inconsistencies that exist.
Reboot even if you're not asked to - re-mount your install CD and you should be good to go.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2010 | Intel Computers & Internet
May 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
on May 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!