Question about Computers & Internet
Things to try:
1. try to reinstall the bigpond software in safe mode. btw: what error do you get when trying and not being able to load the bigpond software.
2. check for errors in even viewer under 'system' and 'application' and post back with findings. look for any errors associated with failing services or drivers, or internet explorer (or firefox depending on what you use).
3. check in device manager and make sure there's not problems with your network adapter (make sure there's ? or ! signs next to the network adapter and make sure the device is working normally by looking into the status device under properties.)
4. this is probably worth to try: use system restore and go to a previous date in which everything was working fine. then uninstall norton again while in safe mode and as per directed by norton they try to connect to internet again.
5. I would be very carefull using ccleaner If you still want to use it do it as a last resort. I would also make a restore point before using it.
post back with your findings.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Try these steps:
1. Uninstall it again using Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs. (BUT) Uninstall the LiveUpdate first, then the rest of the Symantec software.
2. Go to http://www.ccleaner.com/ and download the newest version.
First click on Cleaner.
This is the main feature of the program, which will allow you to optimize your system, by removing unused and temporary files. It also protects your personal privacy by removing traces of the websites you have visited and the files you have opened.
(It's important to point out that it does this without removing any files you'll still need!)
Select the button on the right, not the Analyze button, it'll look but not act on anything.
When done, then click on Registry.
This is a more advanced feature which analyses your computers registry (where windows system settings are stored) and fixes any problems and inconsistencies that exist.
Reboot even if you're not asked to - re-mount your install CD and you should be good to go.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2012 | HP Pavilion dv7-1137us Notebook
Norton Commander is considered easy to use based on its constant view of two file manipulation objects at once. After starting the program the user sees two panels with file lists. Each panel can be easily configured to show information about the other panel, a directory tree, or a number of other options.
When Symantec acquired Peter Norton Computing from Peter Norton, Norton starts to develop various utilities or applications for DOS, as well as for Windows. Product activation was introduced in Norton anti-virus 2004. Spyware and adware detection and removal tool was introduced to the 2005 version. The redesign main graphical user interface and homepage hijacking protection was released with 2006 version of Norton anti-virus. With the version of 2007 windows 2000 compatibility was dropped and Vista compatibility was introduced, with anti-rootkit technology. Version 2009 and 2010 released with Sonar protection, File Insight, and rogue security software tools. The latest version of Norton anti-virus is 2011, which protect your computer being infected from facebook wall and feed.
on Mar 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2011 | HP Pavilion DV6700T Notebook
Feb 14, 2011 | Norton Internet Security 2010 Antivirus +...
Jan 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2011 | Symantec Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2010 | Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009...
Sep 23, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Mar 23, 2009 | ASUS M2N-MX Motherboard
May 24, 2017 | AVG Computers & Internet
May 24, 2017 | Norton Computers & Internet
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!