What does the red flashing icon mean that is 1 of 4 "icons" on the upper right of the keyboard area/lower right of the screen area mean? It is the 3rd from the left, immediately right of the battery icon.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Red Flashing Icon
The icons from the left:
1. Power indocator
2. Hard Disk indicator --> it is a tube icon, not battery, but means hard drive.
3. Power Source indicator
4. Bluetooth indicator
The third from left means the power source indicator. Normally it is light green. If there is battery problem (can not charge or battery overload) it flashes amber/orange. If flashes red, it indicates that the battery power is low. You need to change the battery or connect the AC adapter.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same problem with my ZR800. After lots of searching on the net I found out what the symbol indicates. It means that the little battery that holds the memory for the clock is weak. It's under a little cover behind the main battery compartment. I put in a new one that the flashing icon is gone. I put the battery I took out into another ZR800 and the icon started flashing on it. A simple solution that Canon should have posted in the manual.
it means a particular battery is low or out of the camera, which hold the date and time memory of your videos. don't worry it doesn't affect your any recording or playback of videos. I have one and is blinking from past one month. no issues at all.
Pg 25 indicates that flashing red in the upper right corner is the battery needing to be recharged. If the battery was recently recharge and its turning red on the screen, it could be that the battery isn't holding a charge and may need to be replaced.
I didn't see any other error messages on the screen indicating that icon unless b,c, or d models have a different error message in that area of the screen.
1. Turn unit off, by pressing and holding button on lower right side for 2 to 6 seconds until it goes off.
2. turn unit on, by pressing and holding same button for 3 to 8 seconds until the warning screen comes on (with the small "agree" box at the bottom of the screen. It may not say "agree" in a language you recognize, but either press it and "agree" or wait for it to go away.
3. next screen to appear should have a small "two ended open ended wrench icon"
4. Press the icon. The next screen will have 6 windows, the lower right will have red lips icon.(it is the "language icon")
5. Press this lower right icon.The next window will have two boxes in the upper right corner. one above the other.
6. Press the upper right box, and then use the up and down arrows to select the language you recognize in the language you want it to operate in.
7 having selected the language of choice, hit "back" as many times as you choose, to get to where you wish to operate...
Good Luck.... GB_C
Mine had that too. It means the backup battery is low. It's located in a panel behind the LCD screen. You can find details on page 19 of the users manual. If you don't have your manual, you can download it for free from canon's website.