Question about Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
The drum stopped rotating on the dryer. I removed the front panel and can see both the belt and the pulley that it came off of. I can not reach the pulley and can not figure out how to remove the back and side panel so I can reach the pulley and put the belt back on. Need to know how to remove the 3/4 panel that covers the sides and back.
I need to replace the belt
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
The inside of the dryer is accessed by going in from the front. To do this:
1) Disconnect the Dryer from the wall plug before starting to remove covers. (Safety first, always)
2) There are two plastic plugs towards the front of the top cover. Remove thes by prying up on the side of them with a small screwdriver. Then remove the two Phillips Head screws beneath the plugs. This will allow you to raise up the top of the dryer. Be very careful and do not let the top lid fall backwards behind the dryer or everything attached will get ripped out. Have some help on hand to assist you.
3) Once the top cover is up, you can pull the front cover off. It clips into the side panels with plastic clip which align the side covers. Pull the front cover forward slightly, then push out on the side covers and the front cover will come off. There will be a green ground wire that attachs to this cover that will have to be removed. Set the cover out of the way.
4) If the belt is just derailed off the dryer tub, you should be able to remount the belt at this point.
5) Reverse the procedure and put the dryer back into service.
6) IF the belt comes off again, I recommend changing the belt because it is probably warped, pulled, or otherwise distorted.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2015 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Apr 15, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Oct 16, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Oct 09, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Aug 31, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Aug 02, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Jun 26, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Sep 29, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
Jul 10, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
May 02, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel DEGX1 Electric Dryer
268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: