Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
1. Remove the side cover by pressing down on the plastic latch on the rear and sliding the cover off.
2. There is a plastic latch located at the bottom right side of the drive bays. Flip the latch down.
3. Unplug the power and data cables from the drive you want to remove.
4. Open the front CD storage compartment.
5. Pull out on the bottom of the plastic bezel around the drives. It may be stiff, but it will come off. (The latch in step 2 operates a clip that holds this bezel in place.)
6. With the bezel off you'll see clips on either side of the drive. Press in on the clips and slide the drive out of the bay.
7. Remove the plastic support rails from the old drive (they press on with little tabs that go into the screw holes on the drive) and transfer them to the new drive.
8. Slide the new drive into the bay until the rail clips latch in place.
9. Replace the front bezel and flip the latch back up.
10. Hook up the power and data cables to the new drive.
Voila! It takes longer to explain than it takes to do it.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
REMOVE CASE SCREWS FROM REAR CASE COVER.CASE COVER SLIDES OFF FROM FRONT TO BACK.DVD IS HELD BY 4 SCREWS TWO PER SIDE DISCONECT POWER LEAD AND RIBBON CABLE YOU GOT IT,RICHARDM69
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2011 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Nov 30, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Nov 18, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
May 06, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario 2500 HP Pavilion ZE...
Jan 12, 2008 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jan 10, 2008 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Nov 11, 2007 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
379 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!