Some times there is a picture on display, sometimes not and no any buttons work(except the volume). Touch screen working.
This is AVIC-N2 Navigation DVD/CD?Radio
Any Pioneer- recall for this model?
Thanks for help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Plug a USB drive with the picture(s) you want on the KVT-514 into the USB input.
- If there is any music or videos on the usb drive, the USB function of the player will try to take over. If this happens, change the function to something else (DVD or FM radio, etc... anything EXCEPT USB)
2. Go into Setup (is bottom button on main screen on US versions)
3. Select "User Interface"
4. on the first page, there should be some background options. The first is the current background (and a way to change to any loaded picture). The second is what you need to pay attention to. There is an "Eject" symbol Button and a "Memory" button. Select "Memory"
- It may take a little while, as it will read the USB device. Be patient.
5. After it reads the USB drive, it will display the contents as a external drive (it displays files, folders, etc.). Folders with files that the radio recognizes (pictures, music, videos, etc) will be highlighted in a bright white text while folders not containing them will be grey. Select the folder that the file is in and then the file. Alternately, if the file is in the root (not in a folder), just select the file. The transfer may take a while, be patient.
Hope this helps you.
Using a CD or a flashdrive with jpegs loaded look for the image you want (should automatically play as slideshow).
If you do NOT see any images, you may have to press the MEDIA button on the screen.
! This unit can store only one image data.
Old image is overwitten with new one.
1 Touch >|| to pause the slideshow when the desired image is displayed.
2 Touch Capture.
Captureing the image is displayed.
3 When Do you save the image? is displayed,
While storing the image to this unit, Saving
the image Don't switch off the battery. is
displayed. After stored completely, Image
saved is displayed.
# To cancel the strorage process, touch No.
There is a way to set the power on volume. most of the time you would turn the volume to the level you want it at when you start the car and then while it still says volume on the display you hit another button to lock it in. You may have to check the manual to find out which button to hit or just keep trying buttons till you find the right one. When you do the display will change from volume to something like "powr v" set.
You are simply in blackout mode. This is so at night you aren't blinded by the glow of a screen. Here are instructions right from the manual to turn on or off.
Blackout Mode On and Off
When Blackout mode is turned on, the monitor display will turn off to
reduce power consumption.
This additional power enhances the sound quality.
1 Touch [VISUAL] on the main source screen.
The VISUAL selection screen is displayed.
2 Touch [OFF].
The backlit-display portion goes out.
3 Touch [OFF] again to cancel the display backlight.
• To make the setting, set to “Setting the VISUAL Touch Button” (page
• If any button on the unit is pressed during Blackout mode, the
function will be displayed for 5 seconds to show the operation before
returning to Blackout mode.
• While the backlighting is turned off, the function indicator
Try this it may help. First, reset by pressing both VOLDW & SRC keys at the same time and boot up the system in Test Mode. Display the Touch Adjustment Screen with the SRC key of Car TV remote controller, press center section of the "Cross-font" using adjustment stick. (Upperleft - upper right - lower left)
Note: When conducting the adjustment for the first time, the display position of the cross-cursor may be little off, but the adjustment should be conducted by using the center position of the font.
Heres the best way to fix;
Quote from manual
"Programmable Turn-On Volume (Pg.12)
This feature allows the user to select a turn-on colume setting regardless of the colume setting prior to turning the unit off. To program a specific volume level, push and hold the VOL/LOC/DV know (6) while the yellow volume bar is displayed on the screen. The unit will beep two times to confirm your turn-on volume setting."
Ah i had the same problem. I turned to the manual and it worked for me :)