Question about IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Can somebody help me for my IBM ThinkPad X41. I would like to reset to orginal (manufactured) programs and system. I have Window HP. I would like to give my doughter for her school work, but like to reset and make like "new notebook". And it's be nice if she can start make her own ways to use notebook. I was traing to hit F5, but doesnt work. I apriciate if somebody explaine me how I can reset to orginal system, and clear all programs. Also, can I change my fingerprint to her?
I hope this helps?
To recover the hard disk to it's original contents, do the following:
1. If the optical drive is not attached to your ThinkPad computer during recovery, DVD software and CD-recording software will not be installed. To ensure that they will be installed correctly, attach your ThinkPad computer to the X4 Dock and install the optical drive in the Ultrabay Slim before performing a recovery ioperation.
2. The recovery process might take up to 2 hours.
Attention: All of the files on the primary hard disk partition (usually drive C) will be lost in the recovry process. However, before any data is overwritten you will be give the opportunity to save one or more files to other media.
Power the computer using the AC adapter and ensure a fully charged battery is installed before proceeding.
1. If possible, save all your files and shutdown your operating system.
2. Turn off the computer for at least 5 secounds.
3. Turn on your computer. Watch the display carefully. While the message. "To inturrupt normal startup, press the blue Access IBM button" is displayed at the lower left of the screen, press the Access IBM button. The Rescue and Recovery workspace opens.
4. Click Restore your system.
5. Click Restore my hard drive to the original factory state and then click Next.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen.
7. When the recovery process finishes, press the Enter key. Your computer will restart with the pre-installed operating system, drive, and software.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Was this helpful
give me rate
Sep 15, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Dec 23, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Apr 21, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Oct 25, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Apr 12, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Feb 13, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Mar 11, 2017 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
Sep 29, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad X41 Tablet PC
2,062 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!