- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, The player have problem with the laser pickup unit. Try one thing, there is a disc available for cleaning the laser pickup unit (). You will get in any cd shops(instructions will come with it). Buy the cd and the insert it in any one of the tray. It will clean the laser unit if there is any dust in it. After cleaning put a disc and check is the problem remains. If the problem remains the you have to change the laser pick up unit. You can fin a link here which will lead you to the laser pick up unit. You will get the part only against confirm order. PEA1030
1. Check the short-circuit switch for the laser. You might switched it when replaced the laser unit and forgot to switch it back.
2. Check the ribbon of the spindle motor, you might have forgot to connect it.
3. Can you load cds in the unit? When you push a cd in does it accept it? If no, then probably the fuse of all the motors is blown and should be replaced. This is the part: http://www.artaudioparts.com/product/aek7009
Have the same problem. Had friend, electronic tech look at it. Pickup assembly failure. Use Partstore.com or Pioneer to find part and then cross reference with other models that use same part. I bought used item on Ebay, $40 to repair my unit. Simple 5 screws, two pug in cables. Be sure to discharge static electricity from body before touching interior parts. Up and running in 20 min,