- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Toshiba laptops from mid 2007 onwards dont have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partion on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd.
To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps. It worked for me, and should work for you.
ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.
1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.
Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.
Normally when this happens, what one should look out for is the possibility of it happening again. Like desktops peripherals such as disc drives would have connections internally. If you can have them checked out if there were loose connections. It could also be faulty internals that will break down soon such as ICs in the drive.
The best way to get your recovery discs in this case is by calling toshiba and ordering another set. You can order them with your model/serial no. i believe, and they will ship them to your house. Clients at work need to order their discs all the time and this is what we have them do, it's a very easy process and is inexpensive, mabye $20 or so,
Yes my friend. Toshiba recovery cd cant be downloaded online. U need to purchase one from toshiba. Or if you want, you can purchase a retail version of windows then download the toshiba drivers from support.toshiba.com
im having a wierd problem my toshiba error 03-EEEE-0000 happened right after MYSTICALLY my atheros wireless wouldnt work so i formamtted wen i put in any windows CD it says BAD COMMAND.. same with recovery PLEASE HELP