- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Cable modem must be disconnected from the computer. You cannot use USB and Ethernet at the same time.
1. Turn off power to the Cable Modem and the Netgear Router. Do the same with the computer. 2. Connect an ethernet cable from the modem to the router's WAN (Internet) port. 3. Connect another ethernet cable from one of the remaining 4 LAN ports on the router to the computer's ethernet port.
4. Now power on the Cable Modem ONLY. Wait for the modem to sync up with your service provider 5. After about 2-5 minutes power up the router and wait about 1-2 minutes. 6. Now power on your PC.
Check and see if you have internet access. If not you may have to uninstall any cable modem software related to USB connection. if this is the case, then you may have to repeat steps 4-6.
Since most cable internet providers do not use proprietary connection settings, your internet connection should be up and running without changing any settings in the router or modem.
If this does not resolve your issues, we can continue to work with you.
you can add any router you want. since the surfboard is just a modem, you can add any router you want. just make sure that after you plugin a router into the surfboard, that you disconnect the surfboard from it's power, wait 10 seconds and then reconnect the power. this is to let the surfboard see the router since it is known to remember it's last connected device.
Unless you are connecting via USB cable an install disk is not needed but if you are connecting USB you can go to http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/support/default.asp?supportSection=CableModems and scroll down to your modem and download the drivers