Question about Samsung TXH1970 TV
No picture adjustments work to remove the green tint.
also inside cabinet color adjustments (that i can find)
I encountered the same problem with a color computer monitor several years ago. Everything went green. The repair techies told me that's a sign that the power supply is going bad. You will not be able to adjust the color. You will have to either fix it or replace it. Hope this isn't a common problem with this model Samsung TV.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2012 | Quasar SP-3235 32" TV
Aug 13, 2011 | Mitsubishi WT-42315 42" TV
Apr 17, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Jan 19, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32HS510 32" TV
Sep 08, 2008 | Zenith C27A24T 27" TV
May 20, 2008 | Mitsubishi CS-27205 TV
Feb 18, 2008 | RCA 20V500T 20" TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
999 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: