I want to print on a CD (12cm diameter). I've followed the steps that are set out in the ON-SCREEN manual, but it continually tells me to close the inner cover, which if done negates the possibility of using the "F" tray. Am I supposed to tell the printer that I actually want to use the "F" tray.
I've gone on line to find the solution, and bumped into nothing but postings as to how bad this printer is. Have I bought a lemon ???
I have an ip2700 and was having the same issue, however all you need to do is press print (on what ever printing program you are using) then when you get the orange flashing, remove the cd tray and shut the door. The press the resume button. you should be then prompted by an message on your computer to insert the tray again and it just works.. go figure.. its possible you can just skip the first bit and insert the cd tray when prompted.. but I haven't tried as yet.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Reseating the print head is seldomly needed to be done.Press the Open Button (1) to open the Paper Output Tray (2) Raise the Scanning Unit until it stops. Pull and hold the Scanning Unit Lever towards you, then raise the Scanning Unit.The Print Head Holder moves to the middle Open the Inner Cover 1.Open the Inner Cover 2.CAUTION: a. Do not try to manually move or stop the Print Head Holder.b. Do not touch any metal parts.Press the ink tank's tab (1), then remove it from the slot (2) IMPORTANT:Handle ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or the surrounding area. Lift up the lock lever and take out the print head.Again, place the print head back in position and press down the lock lever. Insert the ink tank into the empty slot on the print head. Press down
gently on the ink tank until an audible click is heard. Make sure the
ink tank is in the correct slot IMPORTANT:a. Make sure that the ink tank is inserted in the slot that corresponds to the ink tank's color.b. If the ink tank is inserted in the wrong slot, perform two head refreshings.Close the Inner Cover 2.Close the Inner Cover 1.Pull the Scanning Unit Lever towards you to close the Scanning Unit.Align the print head position after the print head is
installed. You can align the print head position either automatically or
manually. When automatic alignment does not work well, align the print
head position manually.Automatically Aligning The Print Head Position:Load A4-or letter-size plain paper in the paper support
tray. Auto alignment cannot be performed when the Feed Switch is set to
[CASSETTE].Press <Menu> epeatedly until [MAINTENANCE] appears.Press left or right arrow to select [AUTO HEAD ALIGN].Press <OK>. The print head position alignment pattern prints.Check the printed pattern. If the printed pattern matches the illustration, the print head position alignment is complete. Manually Aligning The Print Head Position:When automatic alignment does not work well, align the print head position manually.Load A4- or letter-size plain paper in the paper support or cassette.Select the paper source with <Feed Switch> button.Press <Menu> repeatedly until [MAINTENANCE] appears.Use left or right arrow to select [ALIGN PRINT HEAD].Press <OK>. A horizontal pattern is printed.Beginning from column A on the printout, enter checkmarks in the patterns that have the most solid image.(1): Bad example (Least solid box) 2): Good example (Most solid box) Press left or right arrow to select the pattern number that you checked in column A on the printout in step 6.A): Column(0): Select pattern number with most solid image Press <OK>.Repeat steps 7 and 8 to adjust columns B to L. When all
the horizontal patterns are adjusted, you will be prompted to print a
vertical pattern [PRINT VERT. PATTERN].Press left arrow. A vertical pattern is printed.Beginning from column M on the printout, enter checkmarks in the patterns that have the most solid image.(1): Bad example (Least solid box) 2): Good example (Most solid box) Press left or right arrow to select the pattern number that you checked in column M on the printout in step 11.Press <OK> Repeat steps 12 and 13 to adjust column N.
The inner cover is a flap on the inside in front of the carriage when it is at rest when the cover us open. You had to flip the inner cover down to access the ink cartridges.
Open the cover. The inner cover is in the center and need to be flipped up.
error 1203 means either or both cartridges have short circuited and needs replacement..
You will need to perform the following steps to find out which cartridge is defective:
1. With the printer turned ON, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer. 2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer. 3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the "Self-Test" by following the steps below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
If the printer has detected a "Cartridge Missing" error, then please follow the steps given below:
1. Turn the power OFF. 2. Open the front cover. 3. Turn the power back ON. The print cartridge carrier should move to the install position located in the middle of the printer. If it does not, close and reopen the cover: 4. Reseat both cartridges in the printer and check for the error. 5. If the error still displays, then remove the color print cartridge. 6. Close the cover. 7. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the color cartridge has short-circuited. 8. However, if you continue to get an error, repeat steps 1-3, and then go to step 9. 9. Remove the black print cartridge and reinsert the color cartridge. 10. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the black cartridge has short-circuited. 11. If you continue to receive an error in both cartridge scenarios, both print cartridges have short-circuited.
Sorry a little late only just read your problem. The location is not the bottom tray feeder but the disk tray. In settings change your media type to "Printable Disk" the paper scource should automatically change to "Disk Tray" and hopefully every thing will work OK.