Question about Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
Frigidare electric smooth top slide-in oven, turned on maxx clean cycle, it ran for about 2 hours then gave me an ''F'' code and shut down. the clear/off button seems to have no effect. the clear/off button will cancel time set but seems to not have any other effect. the red ''locked'' indicator is lit. it has been this way since yesterday noon. it seems to have done a fair job of cleaning but of course I don't think it went thru the whole 4 hour cycle. I plan on turning off the power to the unit and waiting for a minute or two
This error code can be of two reasons.
F----30--MEANS(Open probe connection.)
F----31--MEANS(Shorted Probe connection)
1. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature & compare to *RTD Sensor resistance chart. If resistance does not match the RTD chart replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check Sensor wiring harness between EOC & Sensor Probe connector.
2. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace *RTD Sensor Probe. Check for shorted Sensor Probe harness between EOC & Probe connector.
if the error codes other then this occur then try this
1. (F10 only) Check *RTD Sensor Probe & replace if necessary. If oven is overheating, disconnect power. If oven continues to overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be extensive.
2. (F11, 12 & 13) Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.
3. (F11, 12 & 13) If fault returns upon power-up, replace EOC.
. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check the wiring between EOC & Lock Motor Micro Switch.
2. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Replace the Motor Door Latch assembly if necessary.
3. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check for binding of the Latch Cam, Lock Motor Rod & Lock Motor Cam.
4. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check to see if Lock Motor Coil is open. If open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
5. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Lock Motor continuosly runs - if Micro Switch is open, replace Lock Motor Assembly.
6. (F92, 93 & 94) Check oven door Light Switch - if open, replace Switch.
7. If all situations above do not solve problem, replace EOC.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 03, 2014 | Frigidaire FES355 Electric Kitchen Range
Apr 02, 2011 | GE Profile 30" Self-Cleaning Slide-In...
Feb 15, 2011 | GE Profile 30" Self-Cleaning Slide-In...
Mar 30, 2010 | Electrolux EW30ES65GS 30" Slide-in...
Nov 23, 2009 | Frigidaire FEF352 Electric Kitchen Range
Feb 08, 2009 | Jenn-Air JDS9860A Dual Fuel (Electric and...
Nov 26, 2008 | Jenn-Air SVE47100 Slide-In Electric...
Jun 19, 2008 | Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range
Feb 14, 2008 | GE Profile JGS968 Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 27, 2007 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Feb 20, 2017 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!